Need To Upgrade old rig for games post 2013/14

sam970605

Broken In
So here's the deal.
I have an old rig and I haven't been able to upgrade it because of financial restraints until now. As a result, I have missed out on some of the best games in recent years. I want to upgrade the CPU and make it reliable enough for the next few years. My old Configuration is:

Intel i3 4150
Kingston 4gb DDR3 ram
Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

Now I want to make this a gaming pc to run games on low-med settings. And Can someone please guide me on what else would I need to add to this?..What exactly is PSU for?. Or When do you need a cooling system?. My budget is 30K max.

Thanks for any help in advance

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. Let's see: Mad Max, Far Cry 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dishonoured 2, The New CODs after Black Ops 2, Dying Light, Far Cry Primal, The Witcher 3 and Especially The games that are released in the next couple of years. I can't miss the next Elder Scrolls (I love Skyrim to death)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max 30K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7. I love it

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: About 2TB. Can't afford SSDs :(

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope, I already have a 22 inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor , Speakers, Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Till January 2017

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never, But I will be doing this one myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:New Delhi , Depends on where the component is cheaper and on warranty and Yes.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

I would say that you add another 8GB RAM(3.5k) stick to your current rig & a GTX 1050(10k). If you don't have a good PSU, get something like Antec VP650P, costs 4.8k. Save the remaining money & upgrade your CPU & motherboard later, say after 6 months to a year get an i5+motherboard for about 22-23k (7th gen will be out next year Jan).

GTX 1050 will easily run all games at 1080p medium, so use it for a few years(2-3 max) & upgrade to a good GPU(something like a future successor of GTX 1060)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -38.5K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Asus H110M-K -5000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -3000,
Antec VP550P -3500,
Zotac GTX1050 Ti 4GB Mini -12500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec GX200 -2500.

Total -38,500.

Sell of the existing 4th gen i3 processor, Motherboard, DDR3 RAM and GPU and might get around 9k.

Use this 9k +30k=39k and get the above setup.

The above setup will last for 2 years at most. Later you can add latest GPU. Ok.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Top Bottom