Need to upgrade card for i7-3770s PC;Games:ArkhamKnight,Witcher3;Work : Simulation; Budget ~20k

dotrad

Broken In
Hello All,

I am looking to upgrade from my current 650 Ti and would appreciate any inputs you might have.

I have been looking at rx 470/480 and GTX 1050 ti/ 1060 but unable to decide on which one to buy. My budget is ~20k. I have seen a few options on Amazon eg. Amazon.in: Buy MSI RADEON RX 480 Gaming X Twin Frozr VI 8GB DDR5 Online at Low Prices in India | MSI Reviews & Rating
But the whole global store deal seems shady to me.

Below are my build details.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair GS600

2. What is your budget?
Ans: 15-20k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1920x 1080

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: i7 3770s, 4gbx2 DDR3 , NZXT source 210

Thanks !

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
HIS RX480 8GB ICEQ X2 Roaring Edition @ 22.5k

Source: mdcomputers.in

AMD has Async Compute, Vulkan Support, DirectX12 support built into the hardware of its GPUs rather nvidia provides Vulkan & DirectX 12 support through its software.

So AMD is much better future proof as more & more gaming titles will be released based on DirectX12.

OP needs to go with HIS RX 480 8GB ICEQ X2 Roaring Edition, since it has more power phases, better VRM cooling provided by a stand alone heatsink for VRMs, Copper cooling for GPU chip itself.

All kinds of unnecessary bling is not needed.

RX 480 can be crossfired with another in the future if performance takes a hit compared with GTX1060 6GB which cannot be SLIed.

Amazon.in is providing GPUs for cheap from its Global Store but in case of RMA one needs to send it back to US.

So its better to buy from Savera.co.in who deals with HIS GPUs and offers 3 years warranty.

Savera has branches in major metropolitan cities in India.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I got the EVGA GTX 1060 6GB NON-SC version for Rs 20,000/- during discounts. It is very good. But it runs a little hot. So I recently installed Accelero Twin turbo (which will be good enough for future GPU upgrades too). Even on loads it doesn't go above 52-53 degree celsius now and is running great.

OP
D

dotrad

Broken In
Thank you <bssunilreddy> for the suggestion.

Would you know if the card supports openCL , i have heard that AMD has support for the platform but the product page doesn't have any info on the same

Also, are the prices expected to come down in the near term or is there going to be a sale. I am okay with waiting if a price drop can be expected.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Baccilus where did you order the card from, online or from some local store. I am in bangalore, so looking for options nearby.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you <bssunilreddy> for the suggestion.

Would you know if the card supports openCL , i have heard that AMD has support for the platform but the product page doesn't have any info on the same

Also, are the prices expected to come down in the near term or is there going to be a sale. I am okay with waiting if a price drop can be expected.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Baccilus where did you order the card from, online or from some local store. I am in bangalore, so looking for options nearby.
Yes, it supports OpenCL.
Don't expect too much from AMD regarding Indian pricing.
Baccilus might have bought it from Amazon.in Global Store shipped from US.
I think MSI, Gigabyte & EVGA are offering international warranty but confirm 1st and buy.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I bought the graphic card from mdcomputers. For the GPU cooler from Amazon USA through a friend. An accelero Mono would have been enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Top Bottom