Need to decide on a laptop... Urgent

avi996r

Broken In
Hi

My GF needs to buy a laptop for B-School urgently (within the next 2 days max). So that kind of reduced the choices I could make.

Also, other requirements were: Budget: Below 35k... All inclusive (tax, etc. etc.)
Use: Mostly Internet, Office Productivity, Music, a few movies etc.
Brands: She did not want an Acer or HP, or a lesser known one like MSI, ASUS etc... Hence I am stuck with Lenovo and Dell.

I need to get here something sturdy, with a reasonable battery life (3hrs+), perhaps a 14-15" screen, a decent keyboard, preloaded Windows 7...
... and most importantly, it should be reliable.

Based on those requirements, I finalized these two models:

LENOVO G450, 59-025687, for Rs. 32,500
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 (2.2Ghz)
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
3GB RAM
320GB HDD
Intel GMA4500
6 Cell Battery
14" Screen (Glossy)
1 Year Warranty

DELL Vostro 1014, for Rs. 33,500
Intel Core 2 Duo T6750
Windows 7 Home Basic
2GB RAM
320GB HDD
Intel GMA 4500
6 Cell Battery
14" Screen (Matte)
1 Year Warranty

I have not included the Inspiron 14R or 15R as they have the Core i3 processors, and are hence, at least 37k (all inclusive)...
Also, the laptop needs to be available quickly.

I was going to get the Lenovo, but two things stopped me:
1. I have heard that this particular model has issues like excessive heat, crashes during running etc... it it true?
2. It has a glossy screen. I would have preferred a matte one (which is why I shortlisted the Dell), for long work on Word, Excel etc... will a Glossy screen result in a lot of fatigue?

Can anyone pl. reply ASAP.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
G450 is pretty good. i bought it for my room-mate last year and there's no such thing as excessive heat problem. windows crashes and so its natural to happen once a while.

dell vostro looks solid. no idea about it though. i prefer the built quality of this over G450 but its her call.

its best to go to the shopping center and check out for more options. for a better battery life, the smaller the screen the better it is. 14" is very decent to work and watch movies. its lighter too.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Read somewhere lenovo b460 comes around 32k . Its core i3 . But its not available at my place plus had looked for samsung 528 and acer emachines which hav core i3 n come below 32k . But the shops here dont bring it , they only hav dell, hp, which are above this price. If you get these above said lappies do review pl.

Top Bottom