Need to create a site like Jobstreet.com....need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, I need to create a site like Jobstreet.com for my friend.
(I mean I have offered to help, dont know if I can do it without plenty of help)
I dont have much programming knowledge other than CSS and HTML (and a bit of Java, not sure where that will help)
Atleast can I have some pointers as to how to go about?

Here are my requirements:

1)Member Login area

Something like this forum, but only for those aspirants who have registered and are looking for opportunities and only for maintaining a rapport between the company, the site and the member himself (no one else). Also one for the employer to see how many have applied, to keep in touch with them, the admin, etc [both will be different ofcourse] Also a facility to upload resumes is required

2)Job Search
You know, search through the database of jobs and apply for one that is applicable :) [I'll get a list of companies from my friend soon, but dont know how to make that into a searchable database]

3)Good Administrative Backend
You know this too, to manage the site n stuff [add more companies to the database, interact with both the applicant and the employer, like another version of the digit mod :D]

What should I do? Should I approach a designer? Or does the net have enough apps to help me here?

Awaiting replies.......

OP
thewisecrab
I know they use PHP/ASP, but my question is not about the language, I need an overall idea as to how to go about

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
numerous developers, DB admins, system integrators etc... and a whole company is behind jobstreet.com

you need a developer team to do the job. it's not a one man task.

point your friend to guru.com to judge how much such a project costs

btw you can learn PHP+MySQL (this itself is a big job) and try your hands on a basic job website. you have tutorials for that in w3schools.com

_

OP
thewisecrab
Thanks for the link to guru.com DigitalDude :) [although I couldnt figure out the quotation, any help here?]
I need something really basic yet effective [eg.Flash, Animated menus are not neccessay, a bit of aesthetics only are required]
Where can I get a designer in India? How long can it take for me to design such a site? [wierd questions I know, but will really help me if answered :)]

toofan

Technomancer
If you want to pay for that job done then i will suggest you the following site.
*www.php-freelancers.com/

Here you will get the least price for your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom