Need to buy an android smartphone either from India(sub 15k) or US(sub $300)

Hey guys, I'm looking for an Android smartphone, preferably one that is upgradable to Android 4.0, and which has atleast a 1Ghz processor, and which looks good(IMPORTANT). Camera MP count is irrelevant, since i rarely take pictures from a phone camera. Battery life is irrelevant, but could be a nice bonus.

I have a relative coming to India from the US in a month or so, and so if phones(non-contract ones) are cheaper there in the US, would it be better to buy from there itself and get it through my relative, or should I stick to buying from India?

Budget = 15k. I could bump it up another 2-3k if I'm convinced enough.

Any ideas, fellow forumers?

PS : I don't really like Samsung, so that narrows down the choices heavily. How is the xperia neo V? Link : Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V - Full phone specifications

OP
P

PointFortyFive

Brigadier
Thanks for the responses. How about getting a phone from the US? I'm tempted to get the iPhone 4S at 11k~ from there, and get it unlocked here, or should I stick to the neo v?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Remember Apple doesnt provide international warranty on the iPhone. If its ok with you such a low price for the 4s would be a steal. Else Neo V is the next best thing to buy. Also Moto Defy is a good phone for your budget :)

aroraanant

Explorer
4S for 11k!!!!
Are you kidding?
I think you are thinking to buy an iphone with contract and then bring it here,if I m right then please grow up dude,its not possible....

red dragon

Master troll
Thanks for the responses. How about getting a phone from the US? I'm tempted to get the iPhone 4S at 11k~ from there, and get it unlocked here, or should I stick to the neo v?

Impossible son!
Unlocking AT&T 4s is not like unlocking a blackberry/android/winmo7.
Even 35k probably won`t get you a 4s from anywhere.
For 11k,I would have bought 100 pieces right now!!

S

siddhipatel

If you are getting iPhone in 11k then it’s the best deal, I would ever see again. Otherwise you will have many other options like Sony Ericson Xperia Neo V, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Ace, HTC Explorer, Motorola Defy.

digitaltab

In the zone

whoa whoa whoa, an iphone 4s for ~11k inr, that too unlocked (+ few more inr to get it done by some professional), total ~15k, such a nice dream...

i'll surely buy atleast 10~15 sets of 4s if you can make this dream come true...

for the sake of reality, go for the neo v as they have suggested, i heard its good in that budget...

PurusH

The LeO
You may get 16GB 4S for about $600 about 31K in indian rupees in US.
Neo V seems to workout for your budget. Pros:Superb display, 5MP cam, 720p video rec, upgradable to ICS....... Cons: Ugly shape, low battery backup

Top Bottom