need to buy a PC in a budget 40k max

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@sona,

*ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyID=26547

Look at this. All core2duo processors have 65W TDP and none of them can match a 6.5k Phenom II X2 550, be it speed or benchmarks or video/audio editing/gaming or overclocking.

sona

Broken In
u really need to check the post links desi has made phenom II power consumtion is less than C2D E8400, I do not think nything more needs to be said.have a proper look

I see desi gave the shout even before me geeZ:shock:

It's total bullshit..............
Not POSSIBLE at all..........
I have checked the benchmark scores(sisoft sandra,pc mark) and it confirmed that E8400 is ahead.....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
It's total bullshit..............
Not POSSIBLE at all..........
I have checked the benchmark scores(sisoft sandra,pc mark) and it confirmed that E8400 is ahead.....

If u comparing Quad core with duo's , duo keeps less power

Quad core needs more power even if it is 45nm , Compare E8400 with Phenom 2 X2 550 power consumption

E8400 is out !!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Actually, if you have a monitor with 1600x900 resolution or higher, X2 550 zooms past entire core2duo lineup and in lower resolution, the only processor that it can be compared to is E8600 as others fall behind.

And when you pay less than 1000 bucks more and get X3 720BE, it will be goodbye core2duo.

I don't know how core2duo can be faster and energy efficient here :)

sona

Broken In
@sona,

*ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyID=26547

Look at this. All core2duo processors have 65W TDP and none of them can match a 6.5k Phenom II X2 550, be it speed or benchmarks or video/audio editing/gaming or overclocking.

U can check the benchmark charts at toms-hardware site.......
The top positions are occupied by intel only and E8400 is one of them........!!!!!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and look at half a dozen links that I gave earlier which are authentic tests.

fyi, tomshardware is for Intel and anandtech is for nvidia.

sona

Broken In
and look at half a dozen links that I gave earlier which are authentic tests.

fyi, tomshardware is for Intel and anandtech is for nvidia.

the sites that u gave are comparing on the basis of gaming fps and i am not interested in that.
I agree that amd gives better performance in gaming but sucks when it comes to real world corporate jobs like handling large programs,compression, handling large databases,etc.

I think toms hardware is a better site to consult for overall performance.........

sona

Broken In
Since you are convinced that the E8400 is the greatest processor on earth then just buy it.

I did'nt say that E8400 is the greatest processor on earth....
I meant to say , it is a good performer overall( looking at price and performance both)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
okay. here are the tests that you wanted, non-gaming and still I see that 550 is beating E8400.

*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/pii550/5.html
*www.techspot.com/review/171-amd-phenomx2-athlonx2/page4.html
*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/pii550/4.html
*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenom2x2_athlon2x2/4.htm
*www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Phenom_II_X2_550_8.html
*www.legitreviews.com/article/981/5/
*www.guru3d.com/article/athlon-ii-x2-250-and-phenom-ii-x2-550-be-review/11
*www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Phenom_II_X2_550_9.html

What would you say?

A 6.5k processor competing with top of the line core2duo's in everything and when it comes to gaming, well.....

Seriously speaking, start tracking those new Phenom II and Athlon II processor. Core2Duo is no more ahead and is beaten by AMD's processor that costs atleast 33% less.

The only place that Intel holds strong is premium segment with core i7.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
And if you want a processor that certainly beats every core2duo processor, get X3 720BE for 7.2k-7.5k. Add to that the powerful 790FX/GX chipsets and it's hard to resist.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I did'nt say that E8400 is the greatest processor on earth....
I meant to say , it is a good performer overall( looking at price and performance both)

If you are looking and price and performance, have you ever heard about X3 720? It costs lot less and is much faster then E8400.

sona

Broken In
If you are looking and price and performance, have you ever heard about X3 720? It costs lot less and is much faster then E8400.

Maybe it's true but till now I did'nt notice any AMD processor outperform any intel processor in real world applications.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom