Need to buy a new phone ~15k

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I have been using an age old Nokia 5230 for the last 3 years. I need a new phone.
Budget is not too high. Around 15k max. But the lower the better since I need to upgrade my pc components as well. So around 14k would be ideal.

1. Budget?
And => 15k absolute max. 14k will be the best.

2. Display type and size?
Ans=> Fairly large display would be good. 4 inches perhaps. And shouldn't be a poor display with washed out colours.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
And=> Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans=> Anything will do apart from local brands like micromax,xolo,lava etc. Have suffered a lot with local phones and after sales service with mom's phone.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
And=> Doesn't really matter I guess since will be using a touch based phone. Mostly prefer the 3X3 input over QWERTY.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
And=> Should take good pictures. Not expecting professional quality pictures but should take decent ones. Flash autofocus are added benefits.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
And=> Would prefer android. But not totally closed to the idea of windows phone.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
And=> A 3G enabled device will be enough. Will be using 2G anyway.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
And=> Whatsapp,fb,some games,texting etc.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
And=> Music,camera,net.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ans=> I shortlisted the Samsung Galaxy S advance but open to other consideration.

12. Any other info that you want to share
Ans=> Please suggest something accordingly. And also is the 768mb RAM in the galaxy S advance too bad? :\ And any flaws with the samsung galaxy S advance? Please suggest some other phones as well.
Looking forward to replies.
Need the phone soon. Thanks :)

ankush28

Bazinga
the biggest reason why i dont prefer any samsung
>every 1/2 week new phone launch, :O so just after launch of new phone you bought, after 1 month price dropped by 3-4k wtf.
e.g. grand
>no novalty at all
>very very poor service (i have faced)

this is my personal opinion

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Sony XPERIA L Is priced around 16k......But that would be a little costly for you...But it is a very good mobile. You can consider Lumia 620 if you want to buy windows phone.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I am not buying Xperia J. One of my friends has that one and it hangs even in basic gaming like subway surfers. And forget about recent launches from samsung. The S advance is not a new phone and I can't find any other phone in that range with the same hardware specifications.
Xperia L would have been ideal,but its coming over budget. Lumia 620 has a smaller screen than even the 520 I guess. And not sure about Windows 8. Though it can only improve further.

So damn confused.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Considering the Xperia L as well now. I know its 16k but I can wait a few months.

The thing which bothers me about the Xperia L is the battery life and 5.5gb internal memory.

The thing which bothers me about the Galaxy S advance is the 768 mb RAM and the camera quality(underexposed pics/dim pics).

Also I keep hearing that the S advance is out of production so cannot decide whether it will be wise to buy it or not. That 11gb user accessible internal memory is alluring.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Experia L..

Sony Xperia L Price in India 2013 2nd July valid in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai,Mumbai and Delhi

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Yeah will probaly get that. Hoping for official bug fixes release and proper rooting methods to release.

Worried about the 4 gb internal memory -__- Just 1 game takes up almost 1.5gb or something.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
^ Yeah will probaly get that. Hoping for official bug fixes release and proper rooting methods to release.

Worried about the 4 gb internal memory -__- Just 1 game takes up almost 1.5gb or something.

Where did you get that information from??

Don't forget that L has SD card slot & that u can move the extra files of games tto SD card. If u r going to buy big size games, get atleast a 16GB microSD

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I can't move games to the SD card without rooting the device can I?

@ShankJ I got that impression on checking out forums on xda and here as well. Not sure since I haven't used an android before,but it seems games like GTA vice city,modern combat 4 take up a whole lot of space.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I can't move games to the SD card without rooting the device can I?

@ShankJ I got that impression on checking out forums on xda and here as well. Not sure since I haven't used an android before,but it seems games like GTA vice city,modern combat 4 take up a whole lot of space.

These game do take up a lot of space but 1.5Gb would still be too much.. And use the SD card for storing all your files, that way you'l have the entire 4Gb for application purpose..

Top Bottom