Need to Buy A New Computer ASAP. Help Please!

Zerosleep

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

Recently, due to a lot of power outages in my area it looks like my motherboard got fried and my computer is not starting anymore. It could be the PSU or the MOBO but I'm guessing it's the motherboard. Anyways, it was a old computer which got slower with time and I think it's time to build a new one.

I already have a good amount of HDDs (2.5 TB) so I plan on reusing those on my new computer.

At the moment I don't want to spend a lot because I recently bought a laptop for 50k. My budget for this computer is around 25-30k

I have filled out the questionnaire below

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Google Chrome Browser with a lot of tabs open at a time, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator (some times), Dropbox, MS Excel, Word. Racing games occassionally like Blur, Need for Speed

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25-30k /- Rs

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7/8/8.1/10 any is fine

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 0. I am planning to reuse 2.5 TB of HDDs from my previous computer

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No, I already have a LG LED 22MP56 Full HD 1920 x 1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, 2.5 TB HDDs (5200 rpm) (might invest in a 128/250 GB SSD in the FUTURE for installing the OS), Keyboard, Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next few days. ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am from Mumbai. I am open to buying stuff online. I am planning to get this computer done from Lamington Road, Mumbai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: My current specs are - i5 2300, Asus P8 H67 M Pro, 4 GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3, 1x 2 TB WD HDD, 1x500 GB Seagate HDD, Coolermaster 500W PSU. I would need to buy a new PSU and a case too.

Regards,
Aditya

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4440 -12800,
Gigabyte H81M-S1 -3700,
Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB -10300.
TOTAL -29,600.

Use all the rest of the components from your old build.OK.

OP
Z

Zerosleep

Right off the assembly line
i5 4440 : Rs 12856
ASUS H81M-CS - Rs 3467
750Ti - Rs 10572
Corsair XMS3 4GB - Rs 4500

Rest components from old build.

Intel Core i5 4440 -12800,
Gigabyte H81M-S1 -3700,
Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB -10300.
TOTAL -29,600.

Use all the rest of the components from your old build.OK.

Thanks Karik and bssunil. I am not big on gaming so I could do with a cheaper GPU i feel. Also, I would need a case too. What do you guys think of the Asus b85m g motherboard?