need to buy a gaming laptop

avinashchomal

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys and girls :wink:
i am preparing to buy a gaming laptop which can run almost all games out there with high or medium settings
i have a budget or Rs.50000
my main purpose for buying a laptop now is only for gaming needs but i have very less budget:-|
i selected dell xps 15 laptop but want to know if i can get a better laptop in this range

devx

Back on TDF :)
Your budget is enough for an entry level gaming laptop., DELL is the brand which people are buying like a fashion these days., don't take it personally but I would like to suggest you HP Pavilion Dv6 or if u need larger screen 17" go for HP Pavilion Dv7 under 50k with superb BEATS audio & 2 gb ATI 6770m (its a mobile GPU so it'll perform as 6670 of desktop version) and perform very well at 1600*900 with Max setting., customize specs according to your need online on HP US website., US because to know the idea of pricing and other components.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Please don't consider dv7 laptops or even hp laptops as they have serious heating issues.
My roommate has the same but it heats like a hell even when watching movies let alone games. And you do not get ATI 6770 for 50000. You will get only HD6490 for that price. I don't know anywhere else but in India you get HD6490 only.

Your best option should be Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D laptop for about 48-49K. You will get 2nd gen Core i7, 8GB DDR3 RAM and a 2 GB GDDR5 Geforce 540M graphic card which is much better than HD6490.

And not to mention Dell XPS 15 is a bad choice as its graphic card is just not good enough as compared to the choice I gave above.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
laptops has serious heating issues if u r considering them for gaming...

Instead buy a desktop for Rs 50K..and u will get far better config than a laptop and peace of mind

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
customize specs according to your need online on HP US website., US because to know the idea of pricing and other components.

US pricing is totally different than Indian.

And you do not get ATI 6770 for 50000. You will get only HD6490 for that price. I don't know anywhere else but in India you get HD6490 only.

Your best option should be Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D laptop for about 48-49K. You will get 2nd gen Core i7, 8GB DDR3 RAM and a 2 GB GDDR5 Geforce 540M graphic card which is much better than HD6490.

And not to mention Dell XPS 15 is a bad choice as its graphic card is just not good enough as compared to the choice I gave above.

Do your homework before posting man. There are many laptops providing WAY BETTER graphics than 6490 under 50k (take it 40k FYI).
Also Dell XPS has also got 540M 2GB. How the hell its not good enough as compared to Asus? Though it costs 10k more.

@OP- Go for the asus one. Though if you want pure performance, HP ftw. But I'd suggest you to buy a cooler too. Also this would shoot your budget by 5-6k total.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
US pricing is totally different than Indian.

Do your homework before posting man. There are many laptops providing WAY BETTER graphics than 6490 under 50k (take it 40k FYI).
Also Dell XPS has also got 540M 2GB. How the hell its not good enough as compared to Asus? Though it costs 10k more.

@OP- Go for the asus one. Though if you want pure performance, HP ftw. But I'd suggest you to buy a cooler too. Also this would shoot your budget by 5-6k total.

As of your point regarding many graphic cards providing better graphics than HD6490, I want to clarify that I also meant the same. As you can see the post above mine advised to go for hpdv7 with HD6770(which is an excellent graphic card) but you cannot get HD6770 in dv7 series because it comes with HD6490 card(which is not that good) and I made the statement to clarify him that it is not a good choice(u can see I mentioned not to consider dv7).

And about your remarks on XPS15, I must say(and I m very sure you would also be knowing) there are many versions of XPS15 laptop(with GT420M, 435M and 540M). The version I said is priced around 52K(as per the budget he mentioned) which comes with GT420M graphic card and where it stands against the asus one I need not tell you(u seem good enough to know).
And the XPS15 you mentioned with GT540M is priced at over 63K- well beyond this guy's budget(certainly out of his consideration).
So I think I need not do any more homework(I have done enough).

Got my point(or still not!!!!)???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
As of your point regarding many graphic cards providing better graphics than HD6490, I want to clarify that I also meant the same. As you can see the post above mine advised to go for hpdv7 with HD6770(which is an excellent graphic card) but you cannot get HD6770 in dv7 series because it comes with HD6490 card(which is not that good) and I made the statement to clarify him that it is not a good choice(u can see I mentioned not to consider dv7).

And about your remarks on XPS15, I must say(and I m very sure you would also be knowing) there are many versions of XPS15 laptop(with GT420M, 435M and 540M). The version I said is priced around 52K(as per the budget he mentioned) which comes with GT420M graphic card and where it stands against the asus one I need not tell you(u seem good enough to know).
And the XPS15 you mentioned with GT540M is priced at over 63K- well beyond this guy's budget(certainly out of his consideration).
So I think I need not do any more homework(I have done enough).

Got my point(or still not!!!!)???

I got confused within your lines! :oops:

But GT420? When did Dell started giving that? I think its GT520.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
I got confused within your lines!

Is my language that bad?? Sorry for that.

But GT420? When did Dell started giving that? I think its GT520.

Yes, it comes with GT420. See below for reference:
Dell XPS 15 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Dell XPS 15 Review

Or if you are too sure then I think the newer model might not be having GT420. I am not too sure about latest model.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Is my language that bad?? Sorry for that.

Yes, it comes with GT420. See below for reference:
Dell XPS 15 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Dell XPS 15 Review

Or if you are too sure then I think the newer model might not be having GT420. I am not too sure about latest model.

AFAIK In India, Dell doesn't provides GT420, its GT520. I'm sure. Check the Dell India site.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Please don't consider dv7 laptops or even hp laptops as they have serious heating issues.
My roommate has the same but it heats like a hell even when watching movies let alone games. And you do not get ATI 6770 for 50000. You will get only HD6490 for that price. I don't know anywhere else but in India you get HD6490 only.

Which HP laptop does your room-mate have? If you'd look carefully in the Laptop section, you'll find a thread about newer HP-DV6 laptops which come with 6770M. Ask the owners there if they are facing heating issues while gaming.

devx

@ Utkarsh73 >> For Heating issues., laptop coolers are available & HP has better build quality and in 50k 6770m is available both in DV6 /DV7., better go checkout in shops.

@ dashing.sujay >> What I mean is US website gives customization and other components info can be gathered and for pricing every-body knows US prices are different., add some more to it always that was the idea behind that.
And hey you belongs to BHOPAL. So do you have any idea about shops from where I can build new gaming rig at best price ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@ dashing.sujay >> What I mean is US website gives customization and other components info can be gathered and for pricing every-body knows US prices are different., add some more to it always that was the idea behind that.
And hey you belongs to BHOPAL. So do you have any idea about shops from where I can build new gaming rig at best price ?

Still I don't understand what you wanna say by "US customisation"? Info can be gathered from Indian site. Which "other" components info you want to gather from US site? :confused:

Anyways, regarding building gaming PC, where do you live? I know most of the vendors in MP nagar, and they'll loot you if you don't know how to deal with'em. My suggestion- Get quotations build from 2-3 shops and show the lowest quotation to the higher one, then he'll reduce his price :)). I've been using this trick since long. Also, check one shop "Latest information technology", first floor, srishti complex, Zone-1, M.P. nagar. This shop seems to be the distributor for various items. May be he can give you a lower price. Just finalise your config, I'll get you the know the pricing. :)

OP
A

avinashchomal

lol people stop arguing and better suggest me a good laptop for gaming
i wish to play gta 4 at high settings and la noire like this games too at high or medium settings

devx

Still I don't understand what you wanna say by "US customisation"? Info can be gathered from Indian site. Which "other" components info you want to gather from US site? :confused:

Anyways, regarding building gaming PC, where do you live? I know most of the vendors in MP nagar, and they'll loot you if you don't know how to deal with'em. My suggestion- Get quotations build from 2-3 shops and show the lowest quotation to the higher one, then he'll reduce his price :)). I've been using this trick since long. Also, check one shop "Latest information technology", first floor, srishti complex, Zone-1, M.P. nagar. This shop seems to be the distributor for various items. May be he can give you a lower price. Just finalise your config, I'll get you the know the pricing. :)

Hey man., it was like a idea to know what more he can add or subtract independently to up-down his items price wise & then final checkout & look in hp india after tht for availability & finally the shops., and there is no customization in India website I guess., it's same as DELL customization., well everyone have there own ideas., and we don't have to argue on tht.
Anyways., about my rig check this out:-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149600-help-me-build-new-gaming-rig-under-70k-75k.html

I had already done R&D in our market., and I use the same trick as yours but this time its a whole new PC & checkout my whole thread for components which I need & on the basis of that let me know about any shops or distributor. :))

utkarsh73

Journeyman
For Heating issues., laptop coolers are available & HP has better build quality and in 50k 6770m is available both in DV6 /DV7., better go checkout in shops.

Only two dv6 laptops come with HD6770 graphic card, dv6-6121TX and dv6-6165TX. They are priced at about 56K and 59K which is well 6000 over 50K(you can get a mindblowing gaming KB & mouse for that amount) as you mentioned. I don't know where you can get these two models for 50K or even 52K???

And you expect to spend such huge amount and carry a cooler along with the laptop considering you have better options???? I once again say, My friends dv7 laptop has overheated to such an extent it could not play video smoothly and got shutdown abruptly, that too just after watching 2 movies back to back.

devx

Disupgrades all other components except RAM & PROCESSOR and other features at low to get 6770m for near about 52k., i dont know about your city but here I was getting it 2-3 months ago., and the thread MASTER has not specified anything about config. else than 50k., so it's possible.

And none of my friends laptop get much heating issues like your friends., you could have detailed this problem earlier & better send it to service center.

Last edited:
OP
A

avinashchomal

guys i need a gaming laptop whic dosent have any overheating issues
amd yea i need to play games like gta4 at higest settings

Top Bottom