Need to backup IE7 files, Plz Guide..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys,

I installed IE7 from MS Site on my WIN XP+SP2 OS, so I just hv the installers with me,

I will be formatting the HDD so evetually the files will be deleted for IE7 (wich were d/loaded duing the IE7 Installation) and wich took me 45Mins to approx. 1 Hour..

So i want to find those files and take a backup of them..so the next time i install IE7 (using the Installer on my HDD), those same files are NOT d/loaded again and I save 1 Hr of time...and just copy paste the files in the same folder..for IE

Cheers n e-peace.....

siddes

Perpetual Fresh Stock
You can't directly copy paste, IE files since you don't know which DLLs it uses.

Guess you'll have to start all over with IE6, though I recommend you switch to FireFox

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Thats not possible. Why do you think it needs an installer? they could have just given us a zip archive and asked us to extract them na? Files need to be copied to the IE folder, some to system32, some updated, some reg keys etc.

My advice: download all the updates, integrate them with the IE7 in your XPSP2 ISO using nLite. So whenever you install it later, IE7 installs automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom