Need the best upgrade from LG OP1 for 20-22k.

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
So now its Motorola Atrix 2 vs Lava Xolo X900 in my 22k budget. Waiting for some reviews...

sky770

Journeyman
Lava XOLO X900 ..? I won't suggest you to go for it reason being:

-x86 platform (though reviews show tht its all fine; nearly all apps working out of the box on this new architecture for android..but still)

- LAVA's backing up the manufacturing/service..22k for a LAVA International phone?..i don't think so

- non-removable, non replaceable battery

- fixed storage space; no micro sd card slot (well this is kind of a new trend starting by every major company but...I don't like it; micro sd's a must if you're into modding/custom ROM's tryout etc. :D)

- atrix 2 way better (but be aware that moto's phone all of them are bootloader locked + poor after sales so..there might b some prob in custom ROM'ing it... though ICS will eventually rollout so YAY.. not in loss either :) + Google just bought Motorola so a wild guess would be google releasing the bootloader's source :D :D in near future )

my budget is nearly the same (have kept it flexible; even to this day if I get a LG O2X for its appropriate price which is max 20k then I would go for it blindly! sadly it isn't available in retail markets. only @ indiatimes shopping (confirmed from customer care; its available there) that too @arnd 23k (22.7k) not worth it...bllllaarrghhhh :p )

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
Lava XOLO X900 ..? I won't suggest you to go for it reason being:

-x86 platform (though reviews show tht its all fine; nearly all apps working out of the box on this new architecture for android..but still)

- LAVA's backing up the manufacturing/service..22k for a LAVA International phone?..i don't think so

- non-removable, non replaceable battery

- fixed storage space; no micro sd card slot (well this is kind of a new trend starting by every major company but...I don't like it; micro sd's a must if you're into modding/custom ROM's tryout etc. :D)

- atrix 2 way better (but be aware that moto's phone all of them are bootloader locked + poor after sales so..there might b some prob in custom ROM'ing it... though ICS will eventually rollout so YAY.. not in loss either :) + Google just bought Motorola so a wild guess would be google releasing the bootloader's source :D :D in near future )

my budget is nearly the same (have kept it flexible; even to this day if I get a LG O2X for its appropriate price which is max 20k then I would go for it blindly! sadly it isn't available in retail markets. only @ indiatimes shopping (confirmed from customer care; its available there) that too @arnd 23k (22.7k) not worth it...bllllaarrghhhh :p )

xolo x900 is now 20k, and if it drops to 17-18k then it is a very good buy. I won't be flashing Xolo if i buy it as its so NEW and dev support would be very LESS. Hence the inbuilt memory is fine with me.

this non-removable battery is a new trend which the HTC One series also follow, if the battery is good enuf to stay for 1-2 yrs, then fine by me.. but the only downside is that, if the phone has an issue then before i could remove the battery on my LG OP1 to restart if it got stuck.. with non-removable batteries i dunno how i will get to do that..

atrix 2, i have seen xda forums and yes, you are right about the ROMS available, i have talked to some who have used this phone and it is good to get it and not flash it, its a very good stable phone. Reg the service, well the max i can do is i can buy locally so if there is an issue, i can get it replaced from them(will confirm before buying)..

A2 getting the ICS is a gud news, hell even the X900 is getting the ICS... If X900 gives me more battery than A2 for 20k or even 2k less, then i would blindly go for X900.. looks doesnt matter to me... else it will be the Atrix2. I checked A2 in the stores yesterday and what a rugged beauty it is, strong as a rock unlike the plasticy ones of samsung..

Thanks man, lets see, ill wait for some weeks to see how it goes

Raccoon

Journeyman
Don't like this idea of non-removable batteries at all. Smartphones need very frequent recharging, some even twice a day. They also heat up more. In this event, any battery will have a pretty low service life. Even if battery can be changed by service center, why shold one be made to waste time and money with such things? Also, I don't trust service centers. Give your ph to get one job done, and they may likely create another problem. Speaking from experience. Also, you cannot carry a spare battery if/when required.

I'd urge everyone not to buy such phones and encourage manufacturers to follow this trend.

Another very irritating trend is to not provide a seperate charge and use the USB cable with a wall adapter/transformer. USB cables are much less flexible and short, and the whole idea is really inconvenient. Now almost all manufacturers have adopted this tread just to make a very small reduction in costs... :banghead:

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
Finally got the Atrix 2. Giving me better battery than my friend's Sensation. Am on stock and very happy with the purchase.. got it for 21.3k

Thanks guys for the help

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
Congrats X-jo. Should receive the 4.0 update by next month.

thanks.. and yeah that should make it more better.. i like the swype keyboard inbuilt and the battery management system again built in

btw benchmarking scores

neocore 58.4 fps

linpack
single/multi thread
mflops - 42.729/61.873

quadrant
total 2141, cpu 3365, mem 2420, i/0 2585, 2D 233, 3D 2100

Top Bottom