Need the best upgrade from LG OP1 for 20-22k.

X-jo

Broken In
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Minimum 5MP, Flash needed

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (if a WP7 which satisfies all the requirements then ok)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi, Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Messaging, mails, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, wordsmith

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: need LED flash, dual core(if possible), minimum 1Ghz and 1GB internal memory, need external MMC slot and atleast 1 day battery life with average use, camera flash, secondary camera

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Motorola Atrix, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy R

I have been using LG OP1 for the past 1 year and its an awesome experience. Have been using custom ROMs since day 1. Need a phone which lasts for a day if i do the above pojnt No 9 in a day.

20-22k budget , i want it to be good for atleast 1yr

top priority - battery life, no 2g/3g issues, awesome call clarity

Thanks in advance

aroraanant

Explorer
make use of the search box given at the top of the page.
There many thread who have posted the same query i.e. they also want a mobile with a similar budget.
So please read the other thread first and if your query is not resolved then post

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
tasted Android. now taste WP. Lumia 800.
I thought of it but then 3k more for Lumia/WP but i would get a lesser battery, lesser RAM and WP has its own limited capabilities. After being a LG OP1 user, i don't think i can live with a WP phone. though i like it, my bro got an omnia and its awesome. Unless spending 2-3k more and getting Lumia 800 will give a benefit over what Atrix 2, then I am ready to. You think its a good move? Thanks bro

Please wait for HTC One S to launch. It will come down in price in a few months...
One S is what i really wanted but then i just couldn't afford the 30+k budget. It will release in India for 30-32k, am sure. And price would go down to max maybe 28k. If not, then do let me know . One S is so Onderful !! Thanks bro

Motorola Atrix 2 or HTC Sensation
HTC Sensation, my friends have, battery life doesn't give them a day completely.. (its not modded), but Atrix 2 battery life is what is making me lean towards it. Thanks man

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
All your requirements are fulfilled to complete extent by the HTC Sensation and Atrix 2, but Motorola is known to have bad after sales support in India as compared to HTC and some other brands. Sensation will easily last with you for the coming 2-3 years as it's hardware is kind of high end (only quad cores can "beat" it, but who cares? It will still perform well in most of the applications).

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
All your requirements are fulfilled to complete extent by the HTC Sensation and Atrix 2, but Motorola is known to have bad after sales support in India as compared to HTC and some other brands. Sensation will easily last with you for the coming 2-3 years as it's hardware is kind of high end (only quad cores can "beat" it, but who cares? It will still perform well in most of the applications).

Atrix2 is 21.5k, Sensation is 23.4k(i think available only online). Can you tell me what extra I'll get by paying 2k more with the Sensation over the Atrix2, as my budget is 20k, i'm increasing it to 2k for the extra battery life that Atrix2 will give and the more internal memory.

thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
One S will be priced for 25-28k, a price tag above that would not be a justified one.
If you are strict with your budget then you can have a look at HTC One V or Incredible S.
Otherwise Sensation is a very good phone for 22-23k, can get for 22k at saholic

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Atrix2 is 21.5k, Sensation is 23.4k(i think available only online). Can you tell me what extra I'll get by paying 2k more with the Sensation over the Atrix2, as my budget is 20k, i'm increasing it to 2k for the extra battery life that Atrix2 will give and the more internal memory.

thanks

Specification wise, HTC Sensation takes a beating from Atrix 2, but that's only theoretical. You can go with any of them, but IMO, Motorola has bad after sales service. Wait for some more people to comment on this as i am not sure about this fact. HTC has good service and the hardware differences in both are almost negligible. So just check for service support for both in your city, and buy whatever suits you.

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
One S will be priced for 25-28k, a price tag above that would not be a justified one.
If you are strict with your budget then you can have a look at HTC One V or Incredible S.
Otherwise Sensation is a very good phone for 22-23k, can get for 22k at saholic

Atrix 2 vs Incredible S
Motorola ATRIX 2 vs HTC Incredible S

Atrix 2 vs HTC One V
Motorola ATRIX 2 vs. HTC One V - GSMArena.com
8GB/1GB vs 4GB/512MB [Internal Memory]
dual core 1Ghz vs single core 1Ghz [CPU]
1785mah vs 1500msh [Battery]

I am not worried abt ICS as Atrix 2 will get an update by Q3.

Any reason why not to choose Atrix 2 over the above mentioned?

thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
Atrix 2 should not be compared to Incredible S and One V, you should compare it to Sensation, I know the battery back up of sensation is not good but overall its a very good phone for 22-23k, I suggest you to pick Sensation over Atrix 2

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
Atrix 2 should not be compared to Incredible S and One V, you should compare it to Sensation, I know the battery back up of sensation is not good but overall its a very good phone for 22-23k, I suggest you to pick Sensation over Atrix 2

The thing is i have seen the Sensation(2 of my friends have it), for one on 2G 24x7 and 100 sms, 20 min calls, battery life doesnt even stay for atleast a day... and the other is on 3G and the battery drains when he reaches home, so still not a day...

atrix 2, from user reviews in india, it seems that it goes for more than a day and i am interested in that as i am spending 1-2k more from my budget of 20k..
also 8GB/1GB vs 1GB/786MB internal memory for Atrix 2 vs Sensation. After having the Optimus, i definitely want a better internal memory to store apps and especially those which are widgets so it has to be stored in internal memory... hence Sensation looses in that battle there.
thanks man

so is there anyone in this forum who owns an atrix 2? i would like to hear reviews from them... i don't mind waiting till i get a proper review as i am not in a hurry to buy the phone..

aroraanant

Explorer
BTW any android phone with 24*7 internet on will not last for a day, whether it is sensation or any other. 1GB for storing apps and widgets is enough as most of the things can me moved to SD card.
Rest its upto you now :)

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
BTW any android phone with 24*7 internet on will not last for a day, whether it is sensation or any other. 1GB for storing apps and widgets is enough as most of the things can me moved to SD card.
Rest its upto you now :)

my LG OP1 (using custom ROM) stays for 26-28hrs on 24x7 2G :D. I want an upgrade to it, hence the needs :)

hope to see some Atrix 2 users somewhere around.

how about samsung Focus S ? is it available in India? if so then how much? also hows the battery life of Nokia Lumia 800? I am open to go to WP7 if they are in the same league as Atrix2/Sensation

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
O1 has a small screen, then you shift to phones with screen size of around 4" there will be lot of difference.
And windows and android are two different platforms, windows lacks in case of apps and games, so if you are comfortable with that Lumia 800 is a good option

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
O1 has a small screen, then you shift to phones with screen size of around 4" there will be lot of difference.
And windows and android are two different platforms, windows lacks in case of apps and games, so if you are comfortable with that Lumia 800 is a good option

Since Atrix 2/Sensation are almost on the similar budget, i would jump to a WP fone only if its as good as the Atrix2/Sensation in terms of battery/processing/call reception/2G/3G . limited apps is not an issue if such a phone is there, i have seen that the basic apps that i want is present on a WP fone too.

So is taking the plunge for a lumia 800 good w.r.t battery/processing/call reception/2G/3G on an Atrix2/Sensation ?

Edit: Oh, i don't have a windows machine at home to run zune. need to setup a virtualbox if so i guess, mentoska mentoska !! I guess that rules out a WP phone if so

aroraanant

Explorer
There are a lot of other limitations also in windows phones like you can't transfer files through bluetooth and it can't be use as a mass storage device and a lot more.Otherwise w.r.t. the things you mentioned above its totally fine.

OP
X-jo

X-jo

Broken In
There are a lot of other limitations also in windows phones like you can't transfer files through bluetooth and it can't be use as a mass storage device and a lot more.Otherwise w.r.t. the things you mentioned above its totally fine.

true, so WP fones outta the list, thank you..

so its either Atrix 2 or some other .. i'll hunt for some phones in the same range then

How is Intel's Xolo X900? its coming out for 22k, though not a dual core

Xolo X900 is the first Intel-powered Android phone to go on sale ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com

Top Bottom