AMD Phenom2 720 x3 BE
Gigabyte MA78G
WD 500Gb
PSU Corsair vx450
Corsair 2x2gb RAM
Samsung 20inch Monitor
APC 600VA UPS

I am looking to updgrade the system.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Purely for Video and Photo editing. I will be using Adobe creative suite and Adobe Lightroom for Photo editing. Adobe Premiere for Video editing. I also watch a lot of movies. 1080p and bluray movies prefered. I don't listen to music much and I never play games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k max strech

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 8 / Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB + SSD for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a samsung 2033 monitor. if the pc config stays below 30k, then I can afford to upgrade the monitor as well. Else, I will use the current monitor for now.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Total upgrade

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Will get it done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I keep the system running over night for downloads. My existing config heats up. Need a proper cooling solution as well.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
sell your cpu,ram and mobo which may give you around 6k.
fx 8350 - 11.5k
asus m5a97 evo r2.0 - 8k
gskill ripjaws x 8gb ram - 4.5k
(add another stick later)
nvidia quadro 600- 11k
wd black 1 TB - 5.5k
asus 24b5st odd - 1k
lenovo m6811 mouse 0.65k
logitech keyboard - 0.3k
antec gx 700 - 4k

keep your psu ,monitor,ups and hdd

buy an ssd later. samsung 840, 128 gb at 6k

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ok great. I dont want an ODD. forgot to mention that. I can use my existing. Hardly used it.

What about the power supply? also I need an UPS

Can you confirm if the ram is ddr3? If yes, the ram too can be reutilized along with psu, hard disk and optical drive.

Can you confirm if the ram is ddr3? If yes, the ram too can be reutilized along with psu, hard disk and optical drive.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Psu and ups can be reused.
@harshil, when using FX,he should be benefited from high frequency ram. I think he has value select rams which he can sell at good rates as of now.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Op has to get new DDR3 Ram too. Gigabyte MA78G is a AM2+ Motherboard with DDR2 memory support and FX Processors don't have both DDR2 and DDR3 Memory controller unlike the Phenom II/Athlon II series which can be used with both DDR2 and DDR3 memory. However, Phenom II X3 720 is not bad Processor either and a great overclocker. OP can now just get a Graphics card, SSD and CPU cooler and try to overclock the CPU a little.

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
Its a DDR3 ram. Also the UPS is totally gone. It gives backup for only a few min. The PSU needs to be serviced / cleaned. It stops operating occasionally. And I dont have any graphics card.

Its a DDR3 ram. Also the UPS is totally gone. It gives backup for only a few min. The PSU needs to be serviced / cleaned. It stops operating occasionally. And I dont have any graphics card.

> In that case, you can reuse the hard disk, PSU, optical drive,monitor and the ram.

> Selling the remaining parts will fetch another 5k, extending your budget to 45k.

> My suggestion:

FX 8350 (12000)
Asus M5A97 R2.0 (7000)
Seasonic S12II 430 w (3600)
Sapphire HD7750 (6000)
WD Blue 1 TB HDD (4100)
NZXT Gamma (2600)
Logitech MK200 (750)

total: 40050

Cilus

laborare est orare
OP, could you please download and run the application called CPU-Z and check the exact model name of the motherboard under the Motherboard tab?

And just some small changes in Harshil's configuration:-

FX 8320 (3.6 GHz with 4.1 GHz Turbo, 8 Core, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3, unlocked) @ 9.5K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 6.8K
Seasonic S12II 430 w 3.6K
Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5 @ 11.35K
WD Blue 1 TB HDD (4100)
NZXT Gamma (2600)
Lenovo M6811 5 Btn 1600 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse @ 0.65K
Normal Keyboard @ 0.3K

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
OP, could you please download and run the application called CPU-Z and check the exact model name of the motherboard under the Motherboard tab?

And just some small changes in Harshil's configuration:-

FX 8320 (3.6 GHz with 4.1 GHz Turbo, 8 Core, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3, unlocked) @ 9.5K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 6.8K
Seasonic S12II 430 w 3.6K
Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5 @ 11.35K
WD Blue 1 TB HDD (4100)
NZXT Gamma (2600)
Lenovo M6811 5 Btn 1600 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse @ 0.65K
Normal Keyboard @ 0.3K

isn't it quadro better than 650 ti boost based on softwares used by op?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks for pointing out OP's requirement, I have completely mistaken it previously. Whatever applications OP has mentioned actually support GP-GPU and most of the Adobe suits are now providing OpenCL based GPU acceleration and AMD GCN cards are much suitable for that purpose. He should go with HD 7790 card which although placed behind 650 Ti Boost in gaming performance, miles ahead in GP-GPU based compute performance. So 7790 should be OP's choice.

Top Bottom