Need suggestions on two laptops one for 35k,the other under 30k.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi Digitians,

I am looking to buy 2 laptops.One for myself and the other one for my elder sister.

Case 1: For myself

Budget : Around 35k

Usage : Document works, Image editing, using Internet, Watching movies, listening songs etc

Priorities: Good battery life, Good display,Good keyboard and touchpad, Minimal complaints after if I can make it as a written priority

Been reading a bit on the forum and I was thinking on the model
Asus X53SC-SX492D with an upgrade to 4GB or 6GB RAM.

Wish to know
1) Is it a good choice or is there a better model to look at on this budget.Please give me your suggestions on any other model you think is a better choice

2)how different is this model from ASUS P53E-S0101D? Is additional memory and graphics card the sole difference?

3)Can we extend the warranty to 3 years? What is the procedure and how much it costs.

Case 2: For my sister

This won't be used to run heavy applications but for using internet, storing family pics and videos, watching movies etc. Budget would be under 30k and minimum the better but no compromises in terms of good quality.

Let me also point to the fact that I am using internet with a 2g mobile connection and hence can't get access to heavy websites as well as videos. Also I'm down with chicken pox. So please kindly share as much info here in the forum itself.

Thanks in advance and looking forward..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Case 1: Asus P35E-S0101D

1) Best config possible in this budget.

2) Just the GPU. Actually P series is a business grade product from Asus.

3) Yes, through Asus retail chains, cost still unknown. Contact your nearest Asus retailer.

See, the suggested model has Intel HD3000 Vs GT520MX in X53 model. The later will provide about 20% more graphics power with loss of about 15-30mins (max) battery life. So, prioritise your needs and select.

Case 2: Sony Vaio VPCEG35EN.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Thanks Sujay. I think you meant ASUS P53E-S0101D ( and not Asus P35E-S0101D). Is the difference in graphics worth the additional money putting in? I am not much into games except for once in a while try at a few.

1) Can HD movies and all watched in its highest quality with Intel HD3000?
2) What is the diffrence all about with the antiglare screen? I have read in other threads that few may like while a few may not. Can you please explain it?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No the difference is not worthy to put in.

1) Yes.

2) Antiglare screen doesn't reflects when you use in surrounding having much light. In glossy,if wrongly positioned, you will see your face instead of movie :p.

Top Bottom