Need suggestions on graphic chipsets

shamantak

Broken In
hello
i wanted to upgrade my dell lap graphic chipset. My laptop is dell inspiron 15R N5010 model which comes with intel HD chipset which gives only 69mb of v memory. I dont know whether i can upgrade my laptops graphic card or not..! If it can be upgraded then i need best graphic card but budget is till 4,000/-INR. I wanted to play some good games like cod black ops, witcher2, assasins creed brotherhood.. So it works very very slow in my pc. So guys please suggest me...

sunnyhj

Broken In
hello
i wanted to upgrade my dell lap graphic chipset. My laptop is dell inspiron 15R N5010 model which comes with intel HD chipset which gives only 69mb of v memory. I dont know whether i can upgrade my laptops graphic card or not..! If it can be upgraded then i need best graphic card but budget is till 4,000/-INR. I wanted to play some good games like cod black ops, witcher2, assasins creed brotherhood.. So it works very very slow in my pc. So guys please suggest me...

u can't upgrade a laptop's gpu as they are onboard...that is the main problem with laptops...ur's has an intel HD series which is really no good for my gaming..at least not high gpu demanding games..u can play COD MW2 but not Black ops..as for the rest of games they require a good gpu...ur best bet is to overclock it as intel Clarkdale series are really good overclocker but keep in mind that it will heat up ur system quite badly....

P.s - As it is a dell system i think dell must have restricted its overclocking....but u can check it out nonetheless..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sorry bro, you can't upgrade the Gfx card of the mentioned laptop. For updating Gfx card in a laptop you need a MXM (Mobile PCI Express Module) certified one. Your's one is not a MXM certified one and even it is, no MXM certified Gfx card is available for notebook in India.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
no luck in upgrading the laptop graphics.most of the laptops here don't support upgrading and so is yours.:cry:

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
so my intel HD chipset it on board... :( but in in graphic information it shows maximum graphics memory 1275mb in graphic memory and memory in use is 55 mb.. Whats that mean?!

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
so my laptop's HD chipset is on board... :( but why it shows max graphic memory approx1200mb and memory in use 55 mb in graphic properties?!

sunnyhj

Broken In
bro what that is showing you is the current gpu mmry usage..as u'r not doing any gpu intensive things, the mmry gpu is using is low....as u'll increase the load on gpu i.e play games, photoshoping etc its mmry will increase...

As intel GPU's have no dedicated ram, So they share all the mmry with Cpu ram i.e ur laptop's RAM...Even if u are using all the mmry of ur intel gpu u still won't be able to play most modern games as intel gpu lacks proper no. of shaders and whatnot which are required for smooth gaming

sukesh1090

Adam young
Maximum graphics memory is guess the memory you can give to it from your shared memory and the current is the memory it is having.guys correct me if i am wrong.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Normally low profile Gfx card does have a small amount of memory and it can share some amount of memory from the Ram. In your case the dedicated memory is 55MB and it can share up to 1275MB of memory from the main memory or Ram when required.

OP
S

shamantak

Broken In
thanks to all... My bad luck..! i buyed a bad laptop without checking in flip cart or some other online markets...

Top Bottom