Need suggestions for Summer training after 2nd year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Which course will you DIGITians suggest a B.Tech(IT) student to pursue as summer training after 4th sem(University makes it mandatory to have 4-6 months training after 4th sem) who is more interested in learning OpenSource Softwares than closed source ones.
If possible, tell name of some reputed institutes in West Delhi providing such training. I could find only one after Googling : *www.sedulitygroups.com/ Anyone knowing how good it is?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i suggest u to learn on ur own

all courses are not reliable...sometimes ppl dont teach properly at these course

internet is u best friend...use it wisely
there are many resources for opensource tutorials in youtube.com,torrents,etc...i hope u get it...they call it CBT's...dopwnload them...n try the topic u wanna learn

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^But the main thing is that a certificate is also needed to be shown to college. Project can be created on your own, but certificate?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well. If u r still clueless about it.
Lemme advice u.

First r u anyway from IT/CSE?
If yes then,

JAVA
VB
VB.Net
ASP
JSP

Try to find institutes which offers projects on these technologies.
TATA undertaken CMC is good and provides u a Certificate. NIIT also provides such courses.

CMC and NIIT u'll find in ur city (B/W which city r u from)

Then U can try these
Ardent Technologies
STG

//offtopic, but, as u r in 2nd yr now. I don't think anyone would believe that u've done project in VB.Net while in 2nd yr.
Better take some certification courses like Linux administration etc.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^Thanks for the reply
Ardent having any centre in Delhi?
And how good is STG? Their first impression was very bad. I tried to email one of their centre, but the mail was returned instantly as the address provided was no more there.
The feedback about CMC was not good here. They take more students than their capacity and their centre nearest to my home has been closed now :(

For now I have decided to go for PHP+Linux combo course.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Thanks for the reply
Ardent having any centre in Delhi?
And how good is STG? Their first impression was very bad. I tried to email one of their centre, but the mail was returned instantly as the address provided was no more there.
The feedback about CMC was not good here. They take more students than their capacity and their centre nearest to my home has been closed now :(

For now I have decided to go for PHP+Linux combo course.
FIRST, remember u r joining these courses to get hold of THAT CERTIFICATE ONLY.
About learning, u learn only what U learn or pay attention to.
Do self study and get certification form any of those institite.

I've done summer trg. from CMC, Kolkata on VB. Net. The teacher was very good and helping.
My recent room-mate had done trg. from STG. Don't abt his exp.

Beside everything, we all went there to get THAT certificate, so...
its upon u.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^You are correct that most students do it for the sake of completing the formalities(Certificate+Project) only, but there is no point in wasting money by enrolling in institutes which one knows are not good.
Some NIIT centres are asking for charges as high as 25000 for .net . I know that it's almost impossible to find a centre where trainers will be teaching students, how much we learn depend on how much we study ourselves.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^You are correct that most students do it for the sake of completing the formalities(Certificate+Project) only, but there is no point in wasting money by enrolling in institutes which one knows are not good.
Some NIIT centres are asking for charges as high as 25000 for .net . I know that it's almost impossible to find a centre where trainers will be teaching students, how much we learn depend on how much we study ourselves.
Well CMC took 2000/- from us for one month trg. on VB .Net:oops:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Our college didn't arrange anything for us. (Actually arranged but we didn't like it).
So we went for it on our own.
As in that time loads of people come for trg. I guess they provided us with such rate, again that was in yr 2005.

appserver

Third Eye
Thinkfree,
I would suggest you to take Oracle - DBA course. It is bit costly but it would give you more opportunity when you step in to the real IT world. Oracle DBA is almost a rare skill set and there is always a huge respect in the job market. You should be more proactive while learning that course, once you have done that I am sure you would feel the difference. If you are a strong DBA, then more money. My cousin did the same while he was doing his MCA IVth sem. He was hired in the very first company - IBM, later he put down his papers and now he is working for Oracle R&D, with 11L per year. He says that the course which he went was the turning point.

Please dont go for any seasonal coureses like ajax,php etc... Oracle never dies and so the DBA'S

All the best!

appserver

Third Eye
Hi,

Please check this... *www.sqlstar.com/default.html
Its a certification course. They do have centres at Delhi. I think cost of the course might be around 30k. Though it is costly, it is worth to take it. But you have to complete it and learn with a great amount of sincerity! You should not be lethargic while learning.

All the best!

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
i messed up with the same thing........what do for my summer training after 3rd yr.....??:???:

I did java course after my 2nd yr summer vacations......but thats only for a certificate,......i learned too....but u have to practice and keep in touch with these things......!!!:roll:

Now i am thinking of learning .NET on my own....as i know VB very well and likes to show some creative work on web.

And already started linuxing......So is it good to go for a course which sharp my linux/unix skills and help me for better prospects in linux administration ......??? although i know its very long from here.......!!!!
Any good institute for it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom