Need suggestions for new CPU, Motherboard & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathdart

Broken In
Hey everyone,
I bought a GeForce FX 5700 LE 256 MB graphics card sometime this February, but due to my slow CPU/mobo/RAM I'm not getting very good performance out of it. At least that's what I think, I'm not too good with hardware. Anyway, could you please tell me how much of a performance increase I can get by upgrading and what CPU, Motherboard & RAM should I buy so that I can get some excellent performance out of my card? The price should be approx Rs. 10k, a little more or less doesn't matter.

My current config is:
- 1.7 GHz Intel P4 CPU
- Some ASUS mobo
- 256 MB SDRAM

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
- Deathdart.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well buddy in my opinion, any proc. over 2.4GHz (or 2400+) wid 512mb ddr sdram would be an overkill. anything more and the graphics card would be the bottleneck. i suggest leave the config as it is and upgrade ur whole system sometime later when u really feel the need.

OP
D

Deathdart

Broken In
I would appreciate it if you could tell me the company, model and price of each of the components I've requested. And don't take into consideration my graphics card for a while, just let me know what is the best config I can get for around Rs. 10,000 - 12,000

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for around 12k you should be a decent socket 939 pin msi or gigabyte motherboard plus AMD athlon64 3000+, based on the ATI rs480 or nforce4 chipset. if you scale down to 754pin category you could get 512mb ddr sdram included in the 12k package. no idea about intel procs n mobos.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Well if u want to stick to Intel then go atleast for intel 865GBF mobo or go for intel 915 mobos....Processor above 2.4GHZ would make difference....
try for higher memory like 512MB RAM

else

u can shift to AMD64 2800+ and a mobo for it along with 512MB RAM.

OP
D

Deathdart

Broken In
If I want to go for 1GB RAM along with the processor and mobo then which components would you suggest? Please let me know the full name of the components along with company name and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom