need suggestions for a new system within 30k

OP
D

droy0784

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,
after more than a month of dilly-dallying, my decision to purchase a pc has reached an advanced stage. But I have again reached a stage of dilemma, and need your suggestions to go ahead. I had visited Lamington road today to get an idea about the price and availability of the following configuration, and given alongside are the prices:

processor & MOBO: AMD phenom 955/Gigabyte 880GM USB 3@9650
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz@1800
Hard disk: WD 1 TB@2600
Monitor: Dell 18.5' LCD@4900
Keyboard: Microsoft@375
Cabinet with SMPS: Xtech (3 fans) 550 W@1500
DVDRW: LG SATA 925
UPS: forgot to ask the brand name !!!@1000

this is the best quote that i've received after visiting 4-5 shops. My question is that half the shopkeepers didn't know what a PSU was and what its function was, nor did I :sad: I've more or less finalized this config. But the guy at the concerned shop told that I don't need a dedicated GPU in this config, as the MOBO has an inbuilt graphics of 1GB. I have very little idea about it, so guys please enlighten me. Also kindly point out anything that I've missed out in the above config. I can go for a dedicated GPU later, or suggest me somthing good that comes below 5k and can get me through games like FIFA, PES, NFS and COD etc.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
hi guys,
after more than a month of dilly-dallying, my decision to purchase a pc has reached an advanced stage. But I have again reached a stage of dilemma, and need your suggestions to go ahead. I had visited Lamington road today to get an idea about the price and availability of the following configuration, and given alongside are the prices:

processor & MOBO: AMD phenom 955/Gigabyte 880GM USB 3@9650
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz@1800
Hard disk: WD 1 TB@2600
Monitor: Dell 18.5' LCD@4900
Keyboard: Microsoft@375
Cabinet with SMPS: Xtech (3 fans) 550 W@1500
DVDRW: LG SATA 925
UPS: forgot to ask the brand name !!!@1000

this is the best quote that i've received after visiting 4-5 shops. My question is that half the shopkeepers didn't know what a PSU was and what its function was, nor did I :sad: I've more or less finalized this config. But the guy at the concerned shop told that I don't need a dedicated GPU in this config, as the MOBO has an inbuilt graphics of 1GB. I have very little idea about it, so guys please enlighten me. Also kindly point out anything that I've missed out in the above config. I can go for a dedicated GPU later, or suggest me somthing good that comes below 5k and can get me through games like FIFA, PES, NFS and COD etc.

no probs we don't born knowing everything.

Just think where will your PC gets power(AC CURRENT) from. You will understand PSU i.e. Power supply unit OR smps. There is a dedicated thread in this forum regarding PSU. pls go through it. AND do not give options to shopkeepers for choosing your Beasty Toys. You decide that and just ask them the price. They are BUSINESSMAN afterall not techsavvy like us.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

the graphic card(read chip) integrated on motherboard helps us to play games at some limited speed, some limited frames per second,some limited resolution of monitor.

But a dedicated graphics card always is better than INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CARD or IGP.

So you decide whether you want to play games with limitation or at its fullest, not the shopkeeper. he is there only to quote prices for us not to impose decision on us. you better understand this buddy.

Last edited:
OP
D

droy0784

hi guys,

the requirement that I had posted six months back still remains a requirement:sad:due to some unavoidable circumstances, had to postpone my purchase. But now it's kind of unavoidable. The requirement remains the same, so didn't want to create a new thread. But the price of components, especially that of HDD, seems to have gone through the roof. Therefore, could you guys be kind enough to suggest me the configuration within the budget stated? Going through the forums, I myself have come up with an approximate config:
Component Make Price
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955BE 6050
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT S2P 2800
RAM Corsair XMS 3 4GB single stick 1500
HDD Seagate Barracuda 250 gb 3600
DVD Writer LG 24X SATA DVD 1050
PSU FSP SAGA 500W 2200
GPU Sapphire HD 6670 5198
Case NZXT GAMMA 2400
Monitor Dell 2030M 5850
Keyboard Logitech KB-200 400
UPS Intex 1KVA 1800
Total 32848

Kindly share your advice on the stated config, and please suggest any better options available.

One question: regarding the MOBO, I learn that this particular one will not support USB 3.0. How much I stand to lose?

Thanks in Advance:)

Cilus

laborare est orare
The config is well balanced buddy, go with it. Just couple of suggestion:
1. There are plenty of cheap DDR3 based HD 6670 are available in the market. Make sure you're getting the 1GB GDDR5 version.
2. Regarding RAM, get the G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB module at 1.6K. It is better than XMS3. You can buy it directly from flipkart.com
3. The chosen motherboard is a good one but for USB 3.o, you have to spend 5 4.8K to get the Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3. USB 3.0 is useful if you have any USB 3.0 based external HDD or other storage media.

OP
D

droy0784

Hi guys,

So finally after a very elongated planning and brainstorming (courtesy: thinkdigit forum:)), I finally have my dream machine up and running. Purchased it yesterday from Lamington Road, yes from E-Lounge/Itwares. It has been a very satisfying purchase, thanks to Rahul, the man behind Itwares, his knowledge and guidance is priceless; and he gives you the best price and the best product in the entire of Lamington road, that I can vouch for. Lest it goes on to become an advertising feature for ITwares, here goes my final configuration and their respective prices:

Processor: AMD A6 3650 2.6 GHz: 6200
MoBo: Gigabyte A75M-S2V: 5200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB: 5200
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB Single Stick 1600 MHz: 1400
Monitor: Dell IN2030M 20" LED: 5800
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W: 1800
DVD-RW: LG 24X DVD RW: 950
Cabinet: CoolerMaster Elite 310: 1700
KB+Mouse: Logitech MK 100: 625
UPS: APC 600VA: 2050

The total cost came around to be INR 32261, some extra added to assembling, OS installation and VAT+card payment charges. But absolutely satisfied with the purchase, especially for a novice like me in the field of IT. Needless to say, it was all thanks to fellow digitians:)

Top Bottom