need suggestion regarding final fantasy

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
hi guys summer vacations are up buying new hd 7950 so plz suggest me a good game with good graphics like final fantasy .....

some questions regarding final fantasy i wanted to ask:

is it available in pc?
from which game should i start?
do i need to know the whole story?
i have watched its animated movies graphics were superb for its release time but i was completely lost about the story and character............

any other games having very good graphics genre fantasy + first person + 3rd person

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
There are final fantasy games on PC!? :shock:

there is not???

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV

its real shame only console gets so much good titles..........

heidi2521

Padawan
FFXIV, FFXI, FFVII, FFVIII are there for the PC. However, I'd recommend not playing the PC ports of VII & VIII. They are done horribly on PC and you'd be better off buying PS discs and then ripping and emulating them. Each main line FF has an independent storyline so you don't need to worry about that.

In other games I'd suggest The Witcher 2(PC), The Wind Waker(GameCube), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne(PS2), The Last Story(Wii), Xenoblade(Wii), Dark Souls(PC), Baldur's Gate(PC), Baten Kaitos(GameCube), Tales of Symphonia(GameCube), Skies of Arcadia(Dreamcast).

Don't forget apply DSFix for Dark Souls. A gamepad is highly recommended. For console games I'd suggest buying the discs, ripping them and emulating them. If you have money to throw around you can buy a Wii U and play the HD version of The Wind Waker releasing soon :D:D:D.

Undub Baten Kaitos if you can. The Japanese VA runs in circles around the english VA.

@OP: If you want to play fantasy games more than you want to utilize your 7950 I'd suggest buying either a PS3 or 3DS.

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
If you are looking for RPG titles, there are many games like Witcher 1 and 2, Skyrim, Oblivion etc to play on.

Apart from openwoorld/cenematic stuff like Mafia II and GTA.

If its for FF, you should have bought a PS3 and enjoyed many exclusives like UC series, FF, MGS & R etc..

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
lol gaming consoles not allowed in home in know its real dumb buying a 1 lakh rig instead of gaming console for gaming.........i asked this question cause i thought final fantasy had so good grphics i thought it would be avilable for pc too............played skyrim not same as final fantasy action is very slow in skyrim..........

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Sorry to say but if you were exclusively looking for FF, you must have researched enough before buying a rig to play the same.

Anyways, there are loads of games that you can play on pc and you can play those available ports of FF for now and expect them to release the upcoming FF titles on pc(slim chances).

Try some online shooters/stratetic/MMORPG's on pcs.. you will get addicted to them soon and forget about all other titles :p

BTW, i bought a ps3 a month ago just to play these exclusives :) im playing the much hyped (deservingly so) UC series currently. Im on UC3 now to be precise :)

Top Bottom