Need Suggestion on TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmarbee

Journeyman
Hi everybody,
I'm looking forward to buy a good TV Tuner Card.

-->I'm having Tata Sky Connection. It is having analogue outputs. One Video Output and another RF out (I dunno what it means).

--> PC Config: D930, 945GNT, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7. I've also fitted a 9600 GT in the PCIe16x slot and Creative Fatal1ty Pro in PCI-e slot. I guess there are some PCI slots remaining and one PCI-e (i'm not sure about this)

--> I need to record the TV shows in its maximum possible quality.

I'm thinking of buying a TV tuner card that supports H264 recording. Is there anything like it?
If not can i buy the card separately and use any thrid party software to capture devices?

In whatever case, the quality must be at its highest. Becaue I'm having a 22" monitor and low video resolution really s****!

--> I can push my budget as far as it takes.

--> I don't care about the size of the captured video as far as the video quality is of top notch(though they are not HDTV broadcasts, it should be at its maximum quality).

--> Don't care about its form factor (either External / Internal), as long as it doesn't affect the picture quality. BTW, is there any PQ difference between internal and external cards?

--> I might consider a feature rich card, but then again, if it stands as a hindrnace to deliver good PQ, I might look in for other options.

Can you guys PLEASE help me out?

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
thanks for the info desiibond.
The leadtek site says, the card needs a 3rd party software to encode the videos in h264 format. Are they talking abt PVR softwares? If so, which PVR is good?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would say Windows 7 Media center :)

just check if that device is compatible with win7 media center.
*www.engadgethd.com/2009/07/27/windows-7-media-center-review/
*gizmodo.com/5095414/10-really-cool-windows-7-media-center-features

afaik, windows 7 media center natively supports H.264.

also, do remember that winfast palmtop tv 1 does not support windows media center and is bit inferiour os specs. I was talking about the second edition of this card. also check in other brands too.

btw, have you considered Tata sky+ or a hardware DVR?

Last edited:

otpsurvive

Broken In
Though there are far better cards in the market, I’d still suggest the WinTV PVR150 MCE which I and all my friends are using since a couple of years, simply because it is plug n’ play with Windows Media Center. It has a Hardware MPEG2 encoder and Windows Media Centre’s scaling to a higher res is just amazing. I get better quality on my comp than on my TV. The best part is it comes with the Media center remote and all this costs just under Rs. 1900 currently. I bought it for Rs.1400 :p two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom