Need suggestion on PSU for the following Spec!

Mercer

Right off the assembly line
I am building a new Mid range Gaming PC(My first self assembled PC!)...I am having problems on selecting the PSU and its getting out to be a pain in the a**. People are scaring the sh* out of me that i could crap my motherboard if i use a dumb PSU. Here is the SPEC:

CPU: AMD FX 6100 @ 3.3 GHz
GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR3 4 GB @ 1600 MHz

I know...most of these parts are cheap a**...but hey i am no hardcore gamer ;). I have the Corsair VS450 PSU in my mind but is that enough? as the PSU calculator suggested me a 400 W supply...But i am not taking any risks on the PSU part...So yah, I need some good suggestions! TY!

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I am building a new Mid range Gaming PC(My first self assembled PC!)...I am having problems on selecting the PSU and its getting out to be a pain in the a**. People are scaring the sh* out of me that i could crap my motherboard if i use a dumb PSU. Here is the SPEC:

CPU: AMD FX 6100 @ 3.3 GHz
GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR3 4 GB @ 1600 MHz

I know...most of these parts are cheap a**...but hey i am no hardcore gamer ;). I have the Corsair VS450 PSU in my mind but is that enough? as the PSU calculator suggested me a 400 W supply...But i am not taking any risks on the PSU part...So yah, I need some good suggestions! TY!

Your Stuff aint cheap at all,I would rather say its very sensible and frugal. For a PSU a Corsair CX430V2 is an adequate option but if you have future upgrades in mind better get a Corsair GS500. Chuck the VS450 out,not that good.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
take anything from GS series of corsair or GX series from CM...
stay away from vengeance...go for gskills...or even Corsair XMS 3 is good..
as for the motherboard...try to take a 970 series motherboard..or u *may* face issues with the Turbo :)

OP
M

Mercer

I might switch to a better Graphics card in the future so i might as go with the 500 W option....The GS 500 is bit more costlier than the Seasonic ECO 500...they both provide two PCI-e Power connectors....Which should i choose?

And Thank You all for the suggestions on the Motherboard and the RAM...verily appreciated....I already have a 500 GB hard Drive which i am planning to RAID with this one so i don't have the necessity of another 1TB...

And also i need suggestions on cheap but yet good Cases....just enough to fit all of these parts...TY!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
for cases, IMO, you should go for Desi brands. iBall, Frontech etc. they make sturdy and flashy cases. but beware of the PSU that come bundled. ;)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For a Cabinet get a NZXT Gamma or Beta Evo - Rs 2600. If you are not gonna overclock to the teeth stick with the Vengeance but if you are going to overclock then get the GSkill Ripjaws.

pinball

I am building a new Mid range Gaming PC(My first self assembled PC!)...I am having problems on selecting the PSU and its getting out to be a pain in the a**. People are scaring the sh* out of me that i could crap my motherboard if i use a dumb PSU.
please visit this link eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5 &enter your system config.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might switch to a better Graphics card in the future so i might as go with the 500 W option....The GS 500 is bit more costlier than the Seasonic ECO 500...they both provide two PCI-e Power connectors....Which should i choose?

And Thank You all for the suggestions on the Motherboard and the RAM...verily appreciated....I already have a 500 GB hard Drive which i am planning to RAID with this one so i don't have the necessity of another 1TB...

And also i need suggestions on cheap but yet good Cases....just enough to fit all of these parts...TY!

if GS500 is costilier go with CX500v2 ;-)

Top Bottom