Need suggestion on PC build - 35K - less gaming - more browsing

itsme

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Browsing (multiple pages opened in multiple tabs), torrent downloads (i keep downloading so PC will be switched on for continuous hours up to 10 hours), Photoshop pics, watch movies in HD, play bike & car race games ONLY (NFS like games - okay to play with mid settings)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35K. If needed can extended 5K.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Need an SSD 128 GB and HDD 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 21+ LED with full HD resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Need to buy everything including UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within July 15

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I can assemble

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai. Suggest price effective place pls.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I browse a lot, so pls suggest a mouse that is ergonomically good.I have 5 external HD, so need a cabinet that has few front side USB ports.

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD FX-6300 @ 7.3K
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.1K
Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB CL9 DDR3 @ 1.8K
WD Blue 500 GB SATA 6 Gbps HDD @ 3K
Antec BP450 PSU @ 2.5K
Normal Zebronics/Intex/Frontec Cabinet w/o PSU @ 0.8K
AOC I2251FWE 21.5" 1080P IPS Panel Display @ 7.6K
ASUS 24X DVD Writer @ 1K
Logiteck MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ 0.7K
Power Color HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 @ 6.5K

Total: 35K

If you want SSD then get Samsung Series 840 120 GB SSD @ 6K.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
an SSD at this price point doesn't seem good. as it will take >20 % of the budget to itself.
and for the usage you mentioned, the HDD will be good.

and try to put the External HDD's to back Ports (USB 3.0) instead of the front ports (usually USB 2.0)

just one thing i would like to change :
get a decent cabinet like Gamma or BitFenix Merc Alpha or Cooler Master K350

@ Cilus : suggest a UPS too. and why did you edit the Intel config.
it was so much awesome.

Last edited:
OP
I

itsme

Right off the assembly line
i did not see the intel config posted by cilus. could u pls repost? an intel config possible within the amt?

pls suggest a place to buy in chennai and UPS.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I have suggested a i3 3220 based config earlier and then was able accommodate FX-6300 within your budget and edited the post. For you tasks, FX-6300 which is a 6 Core Processor, is a far better and future proof solution than i3 3220 due to its far better multi-threaded performance.

Top Bottom