Need suggestion for PSU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
I decided to upgrade my PSU and RAM.
plz suggest me a good PSU for my system,I will use system for gaming and OCng.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
ddr2 rams have increased now. 4GB cl4 800mhz/4GB 1066mhz kits seem to cost 5-6k.

Keeping this in mind, stick to vx450 or seasonic 430. However, seasonic 430 has 3 years warranty whereas vx450 has 5 years warranty. Keeping the point in mind that both are both are seasonic units (even antec EA 430 but still with lesser warranty and thinner PCB being used) and the fact that seasonic uses better components than tagan and such companies alongwith easy availability and reliable RMA policies, corsair vx450 as far as your present config is concerned.

You can go for glacialtech 650AA if you want to, but I have no idea about the replacement policies or the distributor. There are times when the distri is responsible but not the manufacturers, and sometimes vice versa. In any case, I see a lot of glacialtech 650A which is not a good unit. Last time I checked the prices at prime, vx450 costs 3950.
After changing the psu and the rams, make an effort to run series of stress tests to be sure that the motherboard/processor/hard drive are working properly/damage to an extent that they will fail in the future.

[ot] I don't know how many observed it, but back in 07-08 people was more skeptical to choose vx450 over cm extreme 500/600/650 (all are same crap btw :p) when vx450 costs 3.2k compared to now and some time ago when the psu's price touched as high as 4.2k and now as 4k. :grin:

OP
sxyadii

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
@The Sorcerer wt abt Corsair 650TX? after 1-2 months I will add 1TB HDD too in my SYSTEM.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Stick to vx450 even if you strap on 3-4 drives and moderately OC, vx450 is enough. As far as the present scenario goes, seasonic OEM units (corsair vx450, antec EA 430 alongwith seasonic 430) are very conservatively rated compared to other units.

Stick to vx450 even if you strap on 3-4 drives and moderately OC, vx450 is enough. As far as the present scenario goes, seasonic OEM units (corsair vx450, antec EA 430 alongwith seasonic 430) are very conservatively rated compared to other units.

If you are planning to SLI or crossfire later on, then get 650, that will run 2 GPUs

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you are planning to SLI or crossfire later on, then get 650, that will run 2 GPUs
...and a good enough case for cable management, space and good enough airflow. tx650/750 cables are very tough to manage on a mid size case and cf/sli on certain mid size cases does more harm than good in long term and ends up using many cable ties and cable tie mounts. On a 20/22/24 inch TN panel, I don't see any reason to waste power, unless the purpose of using it is for putting up benchmarking leaderboards on many forums.
But then again, cable management needs skills that can be achieved only my experience. Once its mastered, many cases, wires and cables can be tamed.
A gamer who simply wants to play games comfortably will be satisfied with a single card.

then go for HX 620, ITS MODULAR. If you are looking for good case, go for Antec 300 ILLUSION or Antec 902, ILLUSION is very good for cable management, it repells dust ans will keep your internal circuit cool. Antec 902 is even better specially if you are into gaming and want to show guts with lightening, it has a better airflow

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
then go for HX 620, ITS MODULAR.
Ahh yes that's brilliant!
Difference between tx650 and hx620 is negligible. Except the 24 pin power connector, all the modular cables are flat, thereby making re-routing of cables easy even for cases with no/less space between the support lip at the rear of the mobo tray and the side panel.
If the OP has any use for a 600w unit like corsair, he can choose hx620. If not, vx450 is a no brainer.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
VX450 for HD5850 GPU? I don't think so.

as per sapphire:

500 Watt or greater power supply with 2x 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ Technology in dual mode)”

Corsair VX550W should be a good fit or you can also check Glacialpower 650AA (4.5k-5k) or Tagan TG600
Glacialpower GP-AL650AA

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
550W : to be comfy, and have overhead. Not recommending brands here..always starts a war...!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I wont even dare to post in this thread . There are many knowledgeable people in TDF . They think all digitians are dumb and boost about it on other forums but yet feel no regret posting in TDF. OP should ask his question to errr....@Sorcerer , he is very good regarding PSU's and knows everything .
PS : I dont know what is OP's budget but i always like ridding a mercedes benz but could not afford so had to stick with my filthy maruti swift !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I wont even dare to post in this thread . There are many knowledgeable people in TDF . They think all digitians are dumb and boost about it on other forums but yet feel no regret posting in TDF. OP should ask his question to errr....@Sorcerer , he is very good regarding PSU's and knows everything .
PS : I dont know what is OP's budget but i always like ridding a mercedes benz but could not afford so had to stick with my filthy maruti swift !!

Who said Digitians are dumb..?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Who said Digitians are dumb..?
Long story made short: *www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/can-cm-ex-460w-handle-phenom-153959.html
To be more specific:
...but we must respect what the manafacturer has written ie 450w and single pcie connecter , which really indicates that the psu is intended to be used with a card requiring the same .
..And people like you who join the forums one fine day should be wise and accumulate knowledge before spreading any misconception. All newbies, especially who migrated from think digit forums seem to carry a common arrogance that "others are wrong and we are right because 600w is 600w and 450w is 450w!!". Not that we don't like you guys (although you guys are pretty much reponsible damaging the forums and trying to make it into another dump), but you guys just don't want to learn things properly and convert everything into a damn school debate. I've been there and done that.

Read the following link: *www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-vx-450w-vs-coolermaster-extreme-128757.html
Despite the fact that comparison cm 600w, the information given about vx450 is far more than enough even for a newbie to understand. What part of "corsair rates their psu very conservatively" you guys fail to comprehend? I might have sounded rude but think. This is a tech forum- a real one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then Rohan started bragging in a tech forum about his B.E. degree and his job and larsen and turbo- only to be finally corrected by someone else that the company's name is "Larsen and Toubro" :p. Since he's pretty much pwn3d in all angles by more than 1 guy on more than 1 occassion, he just seem to gone haywire since his "l&t bragging" backfired :p.
The OP has all the points infront of and when he runs a search in forums, he will get all the necessary info.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^ dude who is pawned , i think you missed that thread completely as i have guessed you are not capable of reading properly or shud some1 teach u that . Just go and see recent development in that thread .

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

And to be frank Mr " Know everything " accept it . There are many of my coworkers in this forum as well on TE and we do not brag about it but you made me do it and as far as i know people dont think i was wrong since i got total 52 rep points for that post !!

*www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/can-cm-ex-460w-handle-phenom-153959-3.html

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

And now you r making me laugh and so to others by posting again that cm vs corsair thread !!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ asigh You were the one who said to vickybat that HD5850 and Core i5 can be handled easily by VX450W. :) Have faith in the PSU man, it is a great unit.

We don't have much of a rep outside this forum, I would rather work towards preserving and improving whatever rep we have than to break my head over others calling this forum dumb, etc. I think The Sorcerer would agree with this. :)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
AND for op , i have allready suggested you ask sorce.... or whateva regarding your prob since he is the only person with brains here , would probably give u sum good lecture on psu fumctions !!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Rohan, there's a significant difference between the meaning of the sentence "all digit forum members are dumb" and "All newbies, especially who migrated from think digit forums seem to carry a common arrogance....". And I have no idea where you got the "know everything" dialogue from and frankly don't care! Just because I've made certain emphasis on hardware (afaik I think it was about true120e and psu?), doesn't mean I know everything and I dont know (and care) what others think about me but frankly I dont- but I do explain whatever I know what all the knowledge that I have. I am sure the regular members would agree, right? I am sharing what I know, you don't like the way I speak, maybe you would prefer the way salesman smoothtalking and cheat people.
There are some things I have shared with think digit and something I learnt from think digit, the same concept I follow with te, chip, xs, tom's hardware and other forums that I lurk around. This concept might be alien to you but this is the best way we can improve Indian tech forums.
And frankly, I don't understand why people brag about their qualifications and place of work in a forum out of all the places in the world nor I prefer reading such irrelevant comments, also I don't prefer to comment about it and damage the essence of a technical discussion board. So best of luck with your job :).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Sorcerer:
The link you gave, really post number 14 is lame and below the belt. Why man...! You post so well, your knowledge, craft is way above average. But your attitude is harsh at times.

If you feel that Digitian attitude is bad/and too haughty, then I guess you should not post here. I just migrated to TE, and there is no point making comparisons. Both places are different. Completely.

I think, many guys here understand that the CM Extreme 600W is below par compared to the VX450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom