Need Suggestion for buying laptop

I m planning to buy a laptop (dell xps 15) with i7,1080p display,etc..
But i read on some website that intel ivy bridge is coming in april.
Should i wait for ivy bridge or buy laptop now..i m concerned about prices. Will they rise or remain almost same??

aroraanant

Explorer
Its pretty obvious that the laptops with current technology will decrease and the one with latest technology will have a higher price tag than the current one

So if you wanna wait then its fine...
But as we all know new technology keeps on coming after very small intervals of time.
So even if you buy something which is latest,it becomes old after some time.

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
IF u want a better battery life then wait otherwise go now...it juss some 30% improvement as far as i remember... prices wont be affected much ...

sdmaverick

Journeyman
aha! classic case of the tech new today old tomorrow what to do syndrome :D Well consider this:

1. Technology life cycles are shorter compared to previous years. You virtually cannot feel on top of the food chain at all times. Its futile. Its inevitable.

2. Buying a matured piece of hardware (which is either tried & tested or proven) is sometimes better than jumping the ship without testing the waters. In short, new is not always better. (tech has its examples of failed innovations).

3. The price of a new tech is always going to be higher in comparison to the matured tech. You would always end up being a victim of market skimming by the manufacturers and thus end up paying more (premium).

So, what do you think? If you ask me, go for it. Don't wait. Its a vicious cycle.

Cheers!

Top Bottom