Need suggestion for a sim based CDMA phone

sshaggy

Broken In
Hi,
I'm looking for a decent CDMA handset which can work with tata indicom sim card. It seems that CDMA is a dying breed, and I'm the only few of the people who is using it. There are lack of resources and reviews.

I have been carrying two phones since as long as I can remember. One for talking (CDMA), one for everything else.

Presently, I have a Galaxy Note 3 which covers up all of my requirements of a smartphone. Basically what I need is a 2nd phone which serves as the primary talking device. I've been using a Samsung feature phone for about 4 years. It did a great service and still giving 3-4 days battery backup. But here and there some small issues are coming up, and I think I will replace it with something decent.

1. Budget? ~5000
2. Display type and size? - Meh
3. Dual sim? ~ Preferable not
4. Preferred choice of brand? ~N/A
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? ~Doesn't matter
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). ~Doesn't matter
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Basic Internet should do fine, not a requirement
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? -Talking
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share

What if I bring a unlocked CDMA device from US? Will it support CDMA simcard, or do I need to register ESN to get it working. I don't care about internet, as long as I get the voice and text working.

doom2010

Journeyman
WCDMA = GSM 3G. It is not related with CDMA.
If u buy unlocked RUIM based(i.e SIM in GSM) device then it should work any CDMA operator in india otherwise u have to registered the esn.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
WCDMA = GSM 3G. It is not related with CDMA.
If u buy unlocked RUIM based(i.e SIM in GSM) device then it should work any CDMA operator in india otherwise u have to registered the esn.

wcdma is a little different than gsm but the end ideology behind your comment is correct

Top Bottom