Need some advice on Choosing OnMobile vs HCL Aero

suh007

Broken In
I'm currently placed in OnMobile with software -QA profile and a package of 4.5 LPA.
I also have an offer from HCL Aero with core electronics profile and a package of 3.25 LPA.

So,which of the 2 companies should i choose ?
It would be better if you can give the pros and cons of both the companies and the profile.

gforz

Maximum GAME
That's indeed true,MNC's you just can't expect what will be in your plate.Decide what you are interested in ,QA or Core ?hmmm salary does matter,but a core profile is what you dont get everyday.i would suggest you to join HCL.:lol:

OP
S

suh007

Broken In
impossible to decide without knowing what work you will get at hcl aero!

The profile in HCL Aero is Software Engineer i guess.I think it'll b mainly Embedded Systems.

The prob with HCL Aero is
1.They took us without taking an interview,based only on the written test(which i din perform well) just because i'm studying in a reputed Engineering College.
2.The job location is Chennai,but i live in B'lore(Is it worth going to chennai)
3.It has a bond of 1.5 years

gforz

Maximum GAME
Yeah, HCL is known for directly selecting candidates without interviews.Don't worry about that.This happens in MNC's.Job profile isn't very clear i.e you may either land in Embedded Dev or testing or something else which you just can't guess.Location must not be a problem,as you are trying to rev up in a core profile.Its just upto you.
Do you really want to burn your brains in a core or just land a job and lead a happy life? Is there a itching desire somewhere (which I had a lot :-D) to work in core electronics(Embedded in your case)?What if you are interested in Dev and you are handed testing?will you cope up with it?These things do matter.think before settling down to a decision..:lol:
what's the bond clause btw?

OP
S

suh007

Broken In
My main aim is 'The profile which i select must have good future and it must help me in switching companies(better ones)'
Does going into testing keep you stuck in the same field and make it difficult to get into development ?

Howz working in OnMobile with QA profile
Is it good ? Does the profile have good future ?
Is it a wise choice to go to OnMobile ?

gforz

Maximum GAME
Surprising that your aim is switching companies.Let me say this quite frankly ,if we just think we need a better switch after joining a company x.We never bother to work in company x and always ponder of switching to company y.

First of all,whenever you have an opportunity to work in company x ,try gaining suitable domain experience in it.Switch's can be made in later point of time.

Reply to second question:
There is nothing as such that you get stuck in one profile and do not progress ahead.Each profile has its own pro's and con's .Its a matter of interest which profile you choose onto.Some companies allow flexiblity to switch from test to dev and vice versa (although frequency of profile switch is low and not encouraged).

Reply to third question:
This itself is a question:
Are you interested in QA?Leave apart the future prospects.If you do,then I would recommend you to go ahead in OnMobile.But as always I do say this everytime,Core profile is not easy to come by and believe me there is lot of future scope in Embedded (Test or Dev).So decide wisely.
:lol:

Top Bottom