Need softwares for Vista 64-bit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey guys, can anyone provide me some info regarding where can i find softwares for windows vista 64-bit. I am not talking about softwares that SUPPORT Vista 64 but those that are MADE for Vista 64. Because the softwares that SUPPORT Vista 64 run in a 32-bit environment.

Can someone help me??????

I am surprised that i am not getting any response. Does this mean that there are no vista 64-bit users out here?

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
navjot... oye... tu change kardiya apne simpson ko!!!

pushkaraja.. i'm on vista ultimate 64 bit... i too face many probs with my older software.. so.. just do the right thing.. go online... to the required download site & check out for the 64bit versions... most'll have it by now.. or @least updates regd the same.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
k thanx guys. i had later posted a quick reply after waiting for a day. the post got merged.

@koolbluez, is there a jre for vista 64.
can u tell me wat 64-bit softs hav u installed on ur OS.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
For JRE.. see this: *java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/install/system-configurations.html

Installation: *java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/install/jre/install-windows-64.html

And.. please search b4 posting... I got this on the first basic search.

The list of sw... long one mann.. name it.. i'll tell if i installed or not ;)

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
K. Thanx

@koolbluez, i visited the links that you posted. But i was unable to figure out, from where do i get the jre for vista 64. Could you please explain.

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
If you really want to use applications for 64 bit then you can try a hand on linux. Most of the apps are available on the 64bit platform and unlike windows they are MADE for 64bit.
Or wait 3-4 years :p Windows is new in the 64bit arena (only 2 years I think), Linux has been there for quite some time now.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
cynosure said:
If you really want to use applications for 64 bit then you can try a hand on linux. Most of the apps are available on the 64bit platform and unlike windows they are MADE for 64bit.
Or wait 3-4 years :p Windows is new in the 64bit arena (only 2 years I think), Linux has been there for quite some time now.

Yeah i was actually thinkin of goin for linux;) I think there are some flavours of linux. Can u suggest me which is the best one:cool:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Go for anyone of them. All are good. Basic commands are same thruout all the distros. But some "added" commands vary.

If this is your first time then go for Ubuntu. It was my first Lin too :)
Then you can also go for Suse coz they say that it has the best hardware support. There's also PCLinuxOS which is quite good (I think Faraaz was using it, you can PM him too).
Right now I am using Zenwalk.

I think you should go for Ubuntu as it also has a good hardware support. But you should have a decent broadband connection because it comes on a 700MB CD and carries only the "must-have" softwares and not the regular "much-hyped" stuff. Rest you have to download from their servers.:)

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Your signature says that you are a registered linux user. So if i want to run linux on my pc then do i need to acquire a license?

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Hell no! :D Its just like theres a company whose name I dont remember, It is just estimating the number of linux users in the world. I know its a tough job but this sure looks cool that I am a registered linux user. :) You dont need any license to install linux. Its free.
Just get a CD/DVD from any digit member who lives in your city (or get it from anybody), just pop in the CD and youre done.
AFAIK digit gave the latest ubuntu 7.04 some time back. Try and install ubuntu.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ Thats kinda impossible to discuss because there are no (or very few) 64bit softwares for Windows Vista. They are mostly the 32bit softs which run in 64bit Vista with 32bit support. So I suggested him to use linux ;) which has quite a large number of 64bit apps.:)

Pathik

Google Bot
pushkaraj said:
Your signature says that you are a registered linux user. So if i want to run linux on my pc then do i need to acquire a license?
hahaha rofl... :D
get ur license here *counter.li.org/ :p

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
aryayush said:
You guys are discussing everything but 64-bit software for Windows Vista. :p
Why don't you suggest some:mad: 64-bit software for Windows Vista from categories like antivirus, defragmenters, etc. if u know any. Of course this thread is meant to discuss about 64-bit software for Windows Vista, but since i have not got a good response from fellow digitians:-( and as cynosure suggested that linux has a good amount of 64-bit softwares:p i wud like to try it;)

pathiks said:
get ur license here *counter.li.org/
lol........... :D ...........
Is there a counter for windows registered users also :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom