Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

Jay1234

Journeyman
thanx bro u are a saviour wifi is working now , i reinstalled the driver,, when im pressing cntl + alt + right it is changing my screen type how to change that to do nothing ? cos i wanna make it a hotkey to change songs to mediamonkey!!! 2nd doubt in my installed apps i saw some unknown apps 1 java tm7 update 2 , java tm 7 update 2 5.6 64 bit , 3 open al 4 open cl 1.1 support for intel core , what are they ? and do i need them ???

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Go to the Intel HD Graphics icon,would be present in your system tray or taskbar.Click it,go to 'graphics options' then 'hotkeys', 'disable' it.
OpenCL1.1 comes with intel HD graphics driver.Some websites and applications won't work without Java.OpenAL might have got installed with other program like a game which uses it for its audio engine or maybe some other program.You can remove OpenAL if you are sure that you are not using any program that requires it.

Jay1234

Journeyman
some other apps which i am confused about whether to keep them or not they are 1 microsoft xna framework redistributable 3.1 2 microsoft xna framework redistributable 4.0 3 microsoft games for window marketplace 4 microsoft games for windows live distributable ??? what r they & do i need them ??

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Micorsoft XNA framework might have got installed with a game or from a Steam game.Can't exactly figure out from here.
Use Google for assistance,you might be able to figure out.

Jay1234

Journeyman
Re: Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

bro can i upgrade my ram to 8 gb & how ? cos i read in flipkart that g580 has no used slots ???

2nd thing is my friend told me there has to be a seal behind your laptop's back otherwisw its a breach of warrenty ?? is he true ? cos there is'nt any seal behind my laptop?? 3rd is i checked my warrenty status from lenovo website and my warrenty period starts from 24 nov 2012 to 23 dec 2013 but i bought my laptop in 27th dec 2012 ???? iam afraid my laptop is a used one ??? what can i do now??? i have bought it from nehru place a retailer not from lenovo's store ???

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Was busy with exams.
It has 2 RAM slots,one is unused.It can be upgraded to 8GB RAM.
As for warranty seal there is one sticker which contains product number and serial number and both of these are also engraved on the backside of the laptop,I don't think any issues with that.Warranty starting a bit earlier than your purchase date is normal practice with manufacturers.The warranty period starts from the invoice which in most cases should be the purchase date but in many cases it is the ship-out date.You can call lenovo customer care and ask them to have the warranty as per purchase date.They might ask for a copy of bill/receipt of the laptop.

Jay1234

Journeyman
bro my laptop has a machine number and product number sticker! does ua lappy has that seal im talking about ?? its a seal above a nut which means that laptop nevva opened after manufactured!!!

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
No,there is no such sticker on the backside except serial number sticker,the number along with some other numbers are also engraved on the back cover.Nothing to worry.
The back cover can be opened to upgrade anything like RAM,optical disk drive or hard disk drive.This doesn't void warranty.

Jay1234

Journeyman
bro plz just confirm ! did u got the same window experiance index ???? processor 7.1 memory 5.9 graphic 4.9 gaming graphic 6.3 primary hard disk 5.9 ???? which antivirus are u using and why ??? thanxx

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
WEI scores doesn't matter much.Scores are similar but WEI is not that important.I am currently using Norton Internet security 90 days trial.It is snappy,is not resource hungry and does its job fine.You can try out Avast Anti Virus.

Jay1234

Journeyman
bro my friend has a laptop with 3rd gen i3 having 2.4 ghz clock speed !! our laptop has i5 clock speed 2.5 ! that means our laptop is 200mhz faster ?? what is the diff in i5 and i3 ??? what do u think about overclocking ? have u done that in ua laptop ? what are the merits and demerits of overclocking ???

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
At stock i5 3210m is clocked 100MHz higher than i3 3110m,both are dual cores and have hyper-threading.
i5 3210 has a turbo boost up to 2.9GHz with 2 cores and up to 3.1GHz on a single core active and supports AES-NI,these are the main differences.
For desktop i5 and i3 differences would be different.
i5 3210m can't be overclocked here,forget it.

Jay1234

Journeyman
bro my laptop makes a noise at start up and at shut down like fax coming out or something like for 2 second i guess its hard disk it was not in window 8 ? so what is it ??? i have called lenovo they are saying that they will visit me in 2 days time !! should i tell them to replace hdd ???

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you are getting some sharp noise during start up and clicking noise during shut down then most probably it is coming from HDD.Check if the sound is coming from optical drive if a disk is inside it.
Just confirm from lenovo technicians about the noise creating component.If the noise is too sharp during start up then it might be an indication of failing hdd.A clicking sound might come during shut down when the hdd stops(normal in many cases) but it is not always a sign of something to panic.A bad fan or dust on bearing of the fan can cause sharp noise at start up but then it should not cause any sound during shut down.

Jay1234

Journeyman
Re: Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

it was optical drive but there isnt any cd in it so how come it is making a noice ????

2 nd is my hdd is making very little noice all the time does your laptop makes a noice ??

vkl

Cyborg Agent
With time and usage optical drives can become noisy.If it is too bothering,you can try re-seating the drive and see if noise reduces.
Since the noise occurs only at start up or shut down it should not concern you much.
Very little noise that HDD makes is normal and is not noticeable.

Top Bottom