Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

Jay1234

Journeyman
guys i have bought this lapppy s few days ago ........ but i am badly confused. about battery , last night i player cricket 2009 for an hour with battery 100% after that when looked at remaining battrry it was 50% ,, is my battery not good ?? 2nd question how to know battery is fully charged when my lappy is shut down and iam charging ???

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Battery back-up would vary depending upon the load,power mode and brightness settings.
It is normal.While gaming the battery back-up would go down at a higher rate.
Preferably while playing games keep the laptop in AC mode rather than battery mode.
On normal usage you should be able to get more battery back-up.

Well,only way to confirm if your laptop is full charged is by logging in to your OS.
In this laptop when the battery is being charged and the battery is charged between 20-80% the battery indicator would be blinking white,it would blink in every ~5seconds.
When it is being charged and the remaining charge is more than 80% then it would emit a steady white colour.
If you are thinking about overcharging of battery if it is kept under AC mode for long duration then don't worry,it won't happen.
Only way the battery can be overcharged is if the charging system malfunctions and then the battery overheats due to this while in the charger.

Jay1234

Journeyman
thanx bro you mean to say my battery is normal ??? bro i have installed window 8 ! how to use one key rescue cos when i clicking the rescue button lappy starts up ? how to back up and restore in one key rescue ???

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Yes,battery seems normal.
The Onekey recovery 7.0 doesn't work well with windows 8.You need Onekey Recovery 7.0 Engineer Edition to make it work with windows 8.
You can download and make a bootable DVD with Onekey Recovery 7 Engineer Edition.Allocate 15-20GB of free space from the disk manager.
Boot with the OKR 7 EE DVD and in the options window select option to make recovery drive without formatting C and allocate the previously created free space for it.
I don't use onekey recovery.You can use third party tools to create an image of system partition and make a bootable DVD with it.

Jay1234

Journeyman
how to turn off bluetooth ??? can'nt turn it on & off from fn + f5 not even wi fi ,, & i have read smwhere that dolby driver does'nt work in win 8 ..2nd query . yesterday wen i wz playing bloddy roar it wAs using 30% cpu is it normal ???

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
CPU usage is fine.
(Function+F5)for turning on/off wifi and bluetooth not working in Windows8 has been encountered by other users using this laptop as well.
I have not used windows8 on this laptop.For windows7,ubuntu 12.10 everything works fine though.
This thread might help:Lenovo G580 - Upgrade to Windows 8
Some users found the issue fixed after a BIOS reset.Try that.

Jay1234

Journeyman
how much battery does bluetooth consumes ? cos my blutooth is turned on allthe times because of window 8 , and i am unable to use usb 3.0 ? will u suggest me downgrade to window 7 ??

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Bluetooth 'on' won't consume noticeable amount of power but Bluetooth being used(i.e. devices being actively connected to it) would consume more power.
Anyway wifi consumes much more power than bluetooth.
There is no driver for intel usb3.0 host controller on windows8 as windows8 has inbox usb3.0 driver support.
I would say use windows7 unless all the new drivers are available for windows 8 for this laptop.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Actually every usb3.0 drive should work out natively in windows 8.Windows 8 comes with inbox usb3.0 support.But due to some bugs it doesn't work well with some usb3.0 ports and in such cases the read/write speeds are of a normal usb2.0 drive with a usb3.0 drive.

Jay1234

Journeyman
Re: Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

last night i tried one think i shut down my laptop when battery was 10 % i.e, low and it took 1 hour 35 to fully charge u can try it too !!.ok i got it, so you meant to say that right now usb 3.0 does'nt work with g580 ..

*forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Lenovo-G580-Upgrade-to-Windows-8/td-p/906721/page/4 in the above link a guy posted that dolby does'nt work with window 8 !! how to know that its working or not in my laptop ??

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Stick with windows7 for now if those things are troublesome to you.Wait for windows8 SP1 and check over other forums as well and see if it works.
If I come to know about something I would let you know.

Jay1234

Journeyman
Re: Need Review On "Lenovo G580 (59-324061)"

okay i have decided to install window 7 now i need to ask a few question 1st is how to do that ? just insert the window 7 cd and clean install ! will it format c drive only or format my whole hard disk ?

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Only C drive if you want.If you want you can format the other partitions as well.
You will get the menu with partition entries and you can format other drives if you want.

Jay1234

Journeyman
i have installed window 7 but now iam facing new issues 1st one is in device manager this lexmark x422 for web cam driver was not orking so uninstalled it now i am unable to download it ??? how to use web cam in window 7 ??? 2nd is fn f5 key is working but only if i start lenovo energy management at start up? any solution i dont want to increasse my startup time ! i m using window 7 64 bit sp 1 ,,,!

vkl

Cyborg Agent
You have to use that energy-management software.The wifi and bluetooth interface is integrated to it.Won't increase your start-up time drastically.
You must have got a driver CD for the laptop,install webcam software from there.Else you can download drivers from here.Select G580 and download the driver.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Check if you have installed wifi drivers and energy management software.If you are facing the issue even after this then re-install the drivers.
Also check if you have installed the right driver for the wifi.Most probably you would have an Atheros module for wifi so install the Atheros driver.

Top Bottom