Need recommendations for a reliable UPS within 2.5k

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm currently using a apc back ups es 650-its been working well so far but of late the backup offered by it has reduced drastically-during a powercut it hardly provides 1-2 mins backup even when the load connected to it is quite moderate.It seems the battery in the ups has started to wear out and its time to either replace it or get a new ups altogether.

The battery that the ups had originally shipped with lasted a good 6-7 years(it was bought in 2007).However in 2014 i had to replace the original battery for about Rs 1000 as it was not being able to provide adequate backup.Unfortunately this new battery barely lasted 2 years and now it seems i'll have to replace it yet again as its not being able to provide sufficient backup to the connected equipments during blackouts.So will it be worthwhile to replace the battery once again or should i consider buying a new ups?

If its a better idea to purchase a new ups rather than changing battery,which one should i go for?As my current apc ups has given me years of great service,i'm more inclined to go for apc only.Initially i was thinking of getting the APC bx600c-in but i read a considerable number of unfavourable reviews on sites like amazon,snapdeal etc where many users have complained that although at first it gives sufficient backup,the duration of backup falls drastically within 2-3 months of use.Also others have stated that the ups tends to trip when the connected pc is performing some cpu-intensive task that requires more power(such as gaming),which indicates that it doesn't have the capacity to properly handle its rated load.Does anyone here have any experience with this ups and have they faced any issues with it till date(like the ones i mentioned)?If this ups isn't all that reliable,please recommend some other products within the same price range(2-2.5k) that will last fairly long and will consistently give satisfactory backup(ie 6-10 mins or more) for atleast the first 1-2 yrs.

(the config of the pc that will be used with the ups is as follows:i5 cpu,12 GB ram,Gtx 960,3 HDDs,2 ODDs,Corsair VX 450 PSU)

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for your advice bssunil.Are brands like champion,luminous etc as reliable as APC?How's their after sales service in India?(more specifically in kolkata).

Also please note that luminous 1000VA ups costs approximately 5k(according to mdcomputers.in and snapdeal),which greatly exceeds my budget.Please recommend something that can be had for 2.5k or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom