Need push email configuration for GMail in NOKIA 5070

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayon

Broken In
Hi, I've been scourging all through the Digit forums but couldn't figure a single post on NOKIA 5070, surprisingly. Anyways, I'm using Mobile Office as my data connection on my phone. I've been trying to configure GMail in the inherent emailing application given in my phone. Can your help me on that? The data I need to configure is SMTP username, SMTP password, POP username and POP password.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Gmail does not support PUSH EMAIL

When U check your email first time through your cellphone PUSH EMAIL options gets enabled only if the server supports PUSH email....now since gmail does'nt support push it wont get enabled

try CORTADO its cool and i use it
when i configured my phone for CORTADO and checked the email 1st time
my phone asked me if i want to enable push email !!! and i choose yes

even there is emoze......just google push email and go through the wikipedia article too....in wikipedia in the end they hv given a list of free push email services.
hey enabling push email means ur phone will always be checking that email server every sec which means GPRS will be on 24x7 and get ready to pay if u hv limited gprs else get unlimited gprs like bsnl post paid 200rs per month

man push email is soo cool and way cheaper than SMS......dman it none of my friends have push email configured over their cellphone.....and abt girls just forget it they dont even know how to use 75% of the features in their cellphone...apart frm sms and talking and mp3 and cam

Last edited:
OP
Shayon

Shayon

Broken In
Thanks for clearing out the misconception. Well, I did try to download Cortado but the service doesn't seem to be free. Even tried another service called Consilient but it says I need a wap browser to download it. Although I normally use Opera mini...I even tried the default browser of my phone yet get the same error. Now, I don't have a computer at hand. All my online work is through the phone, even posting on digit forums. Can anyone please suggest a service with which I can use push email with my phone?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
man i am very sure cortado is free i got my account just abt 10 days back you better goto cyber and properly check it out and then register properly by selecting rightly

OP
Shayon

Shayon

Broken In
aks_win said:
man i am very sure cortado is free i got my account just abt 10 days back you better goto cyber and properly check it out and then register properly by selecting rightly

Hi...finally got myself registered on cortado. My email id is now, say, xxyyzz.cortado.com and my password is aabbcc. Now, as for the settings in my phone, I put in the smtp adress as smtp.cortado.com and pop3 address as pop3.cortado.com, right? As for the passwords, both for smtp and pop3, it is aabbcc. The section where the email id is asked, I had put in xxyyzz.cortado.com. Now, here's where I am a little confused. My phone has an option called "Account". When I click on that, I get a few options. They are GMail, Rediffmail (POP3), Rediffmail (IMAP), rediffmail pro (IMAP), rediffmail Pro (POP3), Satyammail.com, Satyam.net, Sify.com, vsnl.com, vsnl.in, vsnl.net, Yahoo India & Yahoo Mail. I'd selected GMail just for the sake of it, I thot it won't matter much, 'coz I'm giving in the settings. But no use! When I tried retrieving the mails, it said, "Retrieving Failed".

Now, I have email accounts in Yahoo Mail, Rediffmail (Free version) and Sify as well. Do you think it's possible to configure my phone to get emails from those accounts? Or do u have any other suggestion?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hahaha y did u select gmail

create a new account called cortado........
goto to cortado website there they have given details with pictures about how to cofigure to receive cortado for all phones SE NOKIA etc etc

i got a wonderful idea !! man in ur gmail there is an option called forwarding there u can set such that all the mails that u get in ur gmail in box will automatically forwarded to the mail id u give...there u give ur cortado mail id..now this way all the mails you get to your gmail will automatically forwarded to your cortado inbox !! cool na ?? this feature of automatically forwarding emails to mentioned id is also available with yahoo india

OP
Shayon

Shayon

Broken In
aks_win said:
hahaha y did u select gmail

create a new account called cortado........
goto to cortado website there they have given details with pictures about how to cofigure to receive cortado for all phones SE NOKIA etc etc

i got a wonderful idea !! man in ur gmail there is an option called forwarding there u can set such that all the mails that u get in ur gmail in box will automatically forwarded to the mail id u give...there u give ur cortado mail id..now this way all the mails you get to your gmail will automatically forwarded to your cortado inbox !! cool na ?? this feature of automatically forwarding emails to mentioned id is also available with yahoo india
Dude...the reason I gave you all that detailed list of email services is 'coz they are just there, I mean, I have to select one of them. there is no option of configuring anything other than that. I think I'm getting the list from Airtel Mobile Office, not preloaded in my phone!!

By the way, here's the user guide, just in case u r interested.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hmmm i dont know.......actually in my phone i had to create accounts like gmail and yahoo and cortado and configure manually !! and also set my passowords
ok now i hv exams tom on i will see that after 10 days sorry i got to study

OP
Shayon

Shayon

Broken In
aks_win said:
hmmm i dont know.......actually in my phone i had to create accounts like gmail and yahoo and cortado and configure manually !! and also set my passowords
ok now i hv exams tom on i will see that after 10 days sorry i got to study

*LoLz* Ohkay, no problemo...I'll try to figure out what I can do, myself. By the way, what phone do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom