@omega44-xt
@Zangetsu
@SaiyanGoku
@bssunilreddy
@Desmond David
@quicky008

Unexpected..
Finally Today
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC not working or dead... After confirm with Other SMPS... Power Section failed.... Mother board light not glowing...

Droped to Service Center (Kaizen Infoserve)

They said took 2 weeks time.... After Repair only....No Replacement why?

Almost 2 year completed warranty period... Remaining 1 year left?

After Mother Board repaired how long will work?

What to do?

quicky008

Technomancer
Mobo repair is quite an unpredictable affair and its reliability depends on how efficient the service center performing the repair actually is.If they do a
decent repair job then it might last a fairly long time(which is not so in most cases ,unfortunately as repaired mobos have a propensity to malfunction.)

My suggestion would be to get a cheap new b450 or a320 mainboard after sending this one for repair. Once you get it back,sell it off on olx while continuing to use the new mobo for your pc.

Preferably get a new one from Asus or Gigabyte this time,avoid MSI.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Mobo repair is quite an unpredictable affair and its reliability depends on how efficient the service center performing the repair actually is.If they do a
decent repair job then it might last a fairly long time(which is not so in most cases ,unfortunately as repaired mobos have a propensity to malfunction.)

My suggestion would be to get a cheap new b450 or a320 mainboard after sending this one for repair. Once you get it back,sell it off on olx while continuing to use the new mobo for your pc.

Today only hand over to service center

After repair...if sell in OLX... buyer will identify this was repaired?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
totally depends upon the complexity of the repair and quality of components being used in the repair.

sometimes repair works out well and goes for longer period.

I would say use the repaired one and use as long as it lasts and buy a new one. (till that time the mobo would have served its value & purpose)

Unexpected..
Finally Today
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC not working or dead... After confirm with Other SMPS... Power Section failed.... Mother board light not glowing...

Droped to Service Center (Kaizen Infoserve)

They said took 2 weeks time.... After Repair only....No Replacement why?

Almost 2 year completed warranty period... Remaining 1 year left?

After Mother Board repaired how long will work?

What to do?
See how the repaired mobo works. No idea how well it will last.

Depends on you if you want to spend money right now on an upgrade. We might get DDR5 RAM next year with new AMD socket & Intel as usual.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
See how the repaired mobo works. No idea how well it will last.

Depends on you if you want to spend money right now on an upgrade. We might get DDR5 RAM next year with new AMD socket & Intel as usual.

Good to hear DDR5 & New Socket....That time price will high

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Even Asus and Gigabyte can just return motherboard after repairing. As a buyer, we don't any choice in this.

@shreeux try contacting MSI rep on reddit and see how things pan out>

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
There is no guarantee of the replacement. They all might replace mobo based on the issue.
We have some members here who have gone through RMA process, they should have better insights on this.

Tag him... who ever known RMA process.
Let's see what they advise

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^have you changed your mobo a few times since you bought your ryzen 3600? Has it been worthwhile ?
When my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC went kaput due to bios chip corruption I sent it for RMA on March,20th 2020 and because of lockdown it reached in May,2020 and that too because of the efforts of MSI Rep Mr.Rahul from reddit and they sent me a new sealed piece but this too has buggy bios and only MSI B450 Max mobos are good so for the mean time I bought Asrock B450 Steel Legend and it has solid bios and so I used it for a while and sold it and MSI mobo and bought Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac mobo which too has solid bios and is rock solid until now.
No booting issues at all like MSI has.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom