Need LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajai5777

Youngling
Guys, i hav been using my samsung syncmaster 793 for 4 yrs.
I use system heavily for browsing,gaming movies n other s/w applications.etc.I am afraid of my eyes because i use it for long durations.Now i decided to buy an lcd monitor.

I need LCD for

to reduce my eye srain during long sessions.

optimal for gaming , movies

budget is 8000/rs

now i am looking for a 19" or 20" one.But 1 doubt does monitor size increase my eye strain? due to long sessions..?

(now i dont hav spects or ny visual prob but if i continue to use my crt it will happen soon)
i hav been using a decent distance from the monitor almost 1.5 meter with my eyes.

I prefer dell n samsung models

Ur suggestions plz....

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
U can go for Samsung 2033. And ofcourse u can keep a distance between LCD & yourself. I don't think there will be eye strain problem in LCD, if u keep a good distance.

surinder

Tech addict
+1 for Samsung 2033 @7.5K

For eye care try to place the LCD opposite light source in the room. Place your monitor as such way that its top end remains 3" below your straight eye level to avoid glare and keep it at least two feet away from your eyes. keep contrast and brightness levels up to comfortable level use 60% brightness 40% contrast to lit up the screen. Like if brightness is at 50 then take contrast to 33.

surinder

Tech addict
Get BenQ's G2220 21.5" FULL HD @ 9.2k

From 8k to 9.2k, it's worth every penny.
Then he have to upgrade his graphic card due to increased resolution plus PSU due to increased power consumption as well for sake of gaming as one of his consideration.

Plus increased strain on eyes as well.

Will you prefer a High Definition TV instead, in your budget ?

I am selling my Samsung High Definition TV which is working as my high definition PC monitor as well. It comes with HDMI and component inputs (other than S-Video, Composite and D-SUB inputs)

Resolution is 1440x900 (wide screen HD)
Supports 720p and 1080i and is HD ready.

Consumes just 45W of power.

I have posted the ad on this website but somehow it will take a little while before it actually gets visible (mods need to approve it). You can watch the pics here though :
*www.erodov.com/forums/samsung-high-definition-lcd-tv-cum-pc-monitor/20874.html

PM in case you are interested.

mac555

Broken In
i also have a query related to lcd monitor.......can some one tell me 19'inch lcd monitor for gaming and programming??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom