Need laptop immediately..Budget 45k

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi All,

I am looking for a new laptop on immediate basis. Min. config which i am looking out for

1) Core i3,i5 4th generation (can go for 3rd gen if its worth it.)
2) 740m or better graphics.
3) Min 4 GB ram
4) 500GB or above harddisk would be fine for me.

I am not sure with what models are there in market from different brands. I am willing to purchase this weekend only.
Pls advice.

Moreover, i went to an acer store yesterday and found one or two good one's in around 40k, hows acer?

$hadow

Geek in making
First of all fill this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html and after filling out see this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/181169-guide-laptop-buying-guide.html

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
1) What is your budget? 45k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? particulary gaming. other tasks are not stressful (movie, surfing)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? Min. 740M graphics card, 4th gen i3/i5 processor

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Nope

6) Anything else you would like to say? Purchase place would be nehru place,delhi or flipkart..whichever costs cheaper.

Gaurav139

Broken In
you can go for lenovo z500 380480 or z500 380463 check prices locally and do some bargaining( if you want to buy offline).
the z500 380463 is a good laptop for its price.

Gaurav139

Broken In
If you dont mind can you check prices of lenovo z500 and z510 models at Nehru place. I think you can get it cheaper there than flipkart.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi Guyz....

Bought z510 yesterday from nehru place.. :)
But there is a problem i have been facing...hope you guys can help..

sometime the processor speed gets locked at .75Ghz-.78Ghz.. it doesnt go beyond the said limit even on increased load.. i tried setting the battery mode to High performance and checked options in BIOS...but didnt help..
plz tell what can b the issue..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi Guyz....

sometime the processor speed gets locked at .75Ghz-.78Ghz.. it doesnt go beyond the said limit even on increased load.. i tried setting the battery mode to High performance and checked options in BIOS...but didnt help..

on battery? then it is power throttling.
on AC mains? then it is thermal throttling.
Use Throttle stop and see if that helps.

Gaurav139

Broken In
Congratulations on your purchase. Can you please inform us which z510 model and at what price you bought your laptop.

nandu26

In the zone
Hi Guyz....

What about the display quality of Z510?

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks..and sorry for late response..
I have bought core i5 model. I was looking out for core i7 model but was not available in market at that time.
After a lot of bargining..i managed to get it @ 52k + Targus wireless mouse for free .. the printed price in stores was 52,900.

Hi Nandu,

To be honest, i didnt like the display very much as its kind of bluish. The native resolution is 1366x768 which is not very sharp but its good when it comes to gaming, as higher resolution would have costed in FPS.
Apart from that, the performance is really good. Everyday tasks are buttery smooth (HD videos, internet, MS word, excel etc. ) and even the latest games are running fine on med-high settings. By looks this machine is beautiful and backlit keyboard is a plus.

Top Bottom