Need laptop for rendering and gaming

sandeep410

Journeyman
Need a laptop main priority is rendering.
Playing games will be added advantage, in anycase i have a PC for gaming
Max budget 70k

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN.

as you have gaming pc, this is the good VFM product till now, you can get it locally for 58k.

GT 650M will take care of your gaming needs.

aroraanant

Explorer
Have a look at Sony VAIO SVS13118GN, it will cost you around 72k in local market.
Do have a look at Acer Aspire S3-391 too, I don't much about this but this good look on papers.
And one can look at Sony VAIO SVE14A16FN as well.
Samsung 550P suggested above is good too.

BTW any brand preference? And what screen size is preferred?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@sandeep410

For rendering more cores are better.
So a quad core i7 is well suited for you.
3rd gen i7 processors with 4cores and 8threads(due to hyper-threading)are a good option.
Dual core mainstream 3rd gen i7 models like i7 3520M are less suitable than there quad core counter parts for rendering.
There are also ultra low voltage i7 processors like i7 3517U which are also dual core processors with lower clock speed and low TDP fo 17W.
So for your purpose i7 xxxxQM > i7 xxxxM > i7 xxxxU

For quad core i7 there are plenty of options like Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN,Dell inspiron 15R SE,Sony VAIO SVE14A16FN and more.

If you are using 3D animation and rendering applications like MAYA then preferably get hd7730m based laptop than gt650m/gt640 as the radeon would be much faster in maya viewport renderings.
A good CPU is important as the final rendering is done by the CPU.
Dell inspiron 15R SE @63k is a good option.Comes with i7 3612qm,8GB RAm,FHD anti glare screen,hd 7730m.
HD 7730m is good enough for gaming though it is slower than gt650 in gaming.

hpblze

Broken In
I had the exact same needs along with photography and image editing ( needed a screen with good viewing angles and colors ) .
I had selected - 15 r Se Dell , 17 r SE dell i7 , Sony 15116 gnb ( has IPS display ) .
After around 3 months of back n forth I got the Dell 17r Special edition i7 processor .
It cost me a bomb , but took it on EMI -
It has a grrreat screen , colors looks vivid and the 3d screen with 3d glasses is the icing on the cake
i7 processor
GT 650 M DDR5 Graphics card
8 GB Ram
all great for rendering and real time viewport processing - Zbrush, Mudbox , Maya , Max , Mari , Photoshop functions with buttery smoothness ;)
If you are looking at a long term investment go for this one .

P.S. - I had the Samsung NP-550P5C but had got replacements twice and yet new issues came popping up so had to get a refund . And the screen wasn't goood for my purposes cuz the colors were muted and the viewing angles were not satisfactory for image editing

Top Bottom