Need info on how to buy stuff online from abroad??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hi all, I have been buying most of the items online for sometime now and I'm quite happy with it as I'm getting stuff at good price compared to local price and since they are delivered to your door step, no need to move my lazy ass :D

But there are quite a few things that I wanted to buy from abroad, but after listening to the entire procedures, cutsoms, taxes, insane shipping charges. I backed off and resorted to getting stuff from cousins when they return home from abroad. I don't want to bug them every other day and ask to get some stuff for me :oops:

Recently I came to know about certain sites which would make your purchases from abroad easier and would deliver them to you without those customs and all. But I'm more confused after reading about the procedures as to shipping to their warehouse and then they would ship it to me etc etc.
Meanwhile I saw some listings in global Ebay as well, but not sure about the costs involved ( again customs/shipping etc)

So.....some one please enlighten me about the things involved in ordering stuff from abroad and basically all I need is a noobs guide to getting stuff to India from Amazon, Global ebay or any other sites you know.

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
Guys I know about these Sites, ICC world, Shop&ship etc

But I want the procedure, if anyone has bought stuff like that. I read their transaction modes but in the end I was totally confused with all the numerous taxes and ambiguous customs duty.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ this thread might be of your help: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-electronics-everything-else/140265-how-buy-ebay-usa.html

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Ahh Thanks, Going through it :)

Update:
Went through the whole thread, not much info :-|

The thing is.. for eg I want to buy item X from Amazon, what are the possible ways and what are the several charges involved. After reading all those posts it looks like shipping is gonna cost a bomb.

And do the customs staff open the package?? I mean every package??

Also regarding Shop and ship, it looks like I need to get a paid account from them before I can make a transaction through them. Is it the same with ICC world??

Guys, I have seen posts from a few of you like you ordered stuff from newegg.com, Amazon etc, your valuable inputs are needed here :)

Top Bottom