Need info on getting unlocked iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
One of my friends is planning to get iPhone from US. With the recent iPhone 3G launched recently I heard there is no unlocking software available for it till now. Which is the best way in which we can get an iPhone from US and use it here? Do we still get iPhone 2G in US and if we need unlocked do we have to buy it from ebay? Any details about unlocking the 3G iPhone? Please help me!

Someone please help me on this!

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
iPhone 3G is sold unlocked officially in many countries. In US, it is locked to AT&T. There is no software unlock for 3G yet (it will take some time) There are some hardware unlocks (like *sim solutions) which are not reliable from what I have read. Btw, iPhone 3G in US without contract costs about 27k in INR. My advice: Do yourself a favor and spend 4k more and get it from either Airtel and Vodafone. No unlocking issues, 1 year warranty and 1 year free Edge/Gprs (on Airtel)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The older iPhone is not available anywhere now. You can only get the iPhone 3G now. And it is best to buy it in India. Do not try to get it from anywhere else and try to use it here. It won't work. Just buy it from here itself.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
people r using rebel sim and its working perfectly for them .one got it software unlocked from khan market gulshan elctronics .only this information i have got from orkut .rest u too search and leeme know . some people in gafaar claim that they can do it for 3g if we bring them the locked one but i doono which firmware version they r talking about .current firmware version of aitrtel/vodafone iphone is 2.0.2 which is not unlocked till now . may be they r downgrading top 1.14 to unlock it .
like putting windows 95 on quad core processor when vista can't be cracked

gauravsuneja

macaddict
*www.unlock-the-iphone.com/
*www.unlock-the-iphone.com/
they sauy u can't unlokc but only jailbreak ver2.0.2 here is something latest

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
The older iPhone is not available anywhere now. You can only get the iPhone 3G now. And it is best to buy it in India. Do not try to get it from anywhere else and try to use it here. It won't work. Just buy it from here itself.

Thats really positive :)

Offtopic: visited your blog. Really enjoyed the tip article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom