Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
Hi all..

I request experts to help me sort the following problem out:

When I boot my PC, it goes to Disk Checking mode. This has been happening for some days. The message says "Checking for inconsistency in one of the disks". This message is same(or similar) as the one that comes when you have an improper shutdown.
This was not happening earlier.

Thanks

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Do you have an UPS for your computer? Do you shutdown your pc properly? If you don't have one UPS, go and buy one now before something big damage occurs.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
harmads said:
Hi all..

I request experts to help me sort the following problem out:

When I boot my PC, it goes to Disk Checking mode. This has been happening for some days. The message says "Checking for inconsistency in one of the disks". This message is same(or similar) as the one that comes when you have an improper shutdown.
This was not happening earlier.

Thanks

do this :

all you have to do is find out which Drive your having the problem on (conicider D) and then go to RUN and type:

>chkdsk D: /r

*Note replace the D with whichever letter yours is

then when it asks you yes or no say YES

And everythings will be fixed

hope this will help

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
saurabh kakkar said:
do this :

all you have to do is find out which Drive your having the problem on (conicider D) and then go to RUN and type:

>chkdsk D: /r

*Note replace the D with whichever letter yours is

then when it asks you yes or no say YES

And everythings will be fixed

hope this will help
But this check normally comes either if the disk-check has been scheduled or the shutdown is improper.

dabster

In the zone
The Unknown said:
But this check normally comes either if the disk-check has been scheduled or the shutdown is improper.

Yeah, right. But normally windows chkdisk check only in 3 stages and when optional /r is given the hard drive is checked for some 5 stage tests.... and this cud really help in author's case.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
dabster said:
Yeah, right. But normally windows chkdisk check only in 3 stages and when optional /r is given the hard drive is checked for some 5 stage tests.... and this cud really help in author's case.

Yeah could be. I have forgot windows since i have been using linux. I remember only some of it. I tell what is remaining in my brain. I am never again going to use windows. If i use, it will be either linux or any other OS but not any MS product.

dabster

In the zone
The Unknown said:
I am never again going to use windows. If i use, it will be either linux or any other OS but not any MS product.

yup cool, But it is the first OS which you used when u were a child. which made u interested in comp, aint this way :)
@author: if the partition is Fat and you have linux live cd, you can use fsck which can check the file system with utmost perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom