Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetooth

Broken In
Hey guys,
I have a Lenovo 3000H Series Desktop with Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 Processor @ 1.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM & SiS Mirage 3 Graphics. I am currently using two Operating Systems, Windows XP Home Edition & Windows 7 Home Premium. I have two Problems:

1. My Windows XP uses Sound Max Integrated HD Audio version 5.10.1.6170. I want to install audio drivers in Windows 7 but I am not able to find correct drivers for it. I tried many times but all my efforts failed. It has Sound drivers already installed but the quality is not as good as Windows XP. So Help me to find correct drivers for it.

2. Also I installed latest version of Ubuntu few days back as third operating system then after some days I uninstalled it but entry in bootloader has not gone. I am usind EasyBCD but it does not shows the entry. Please give me a solution in this regard.

Hope You guys will help me. Thanxx in Advance..:)

khmadhu

change is constant!!
for u r second problem.. try this..

boot from XP cd and choose recovery mode , there u will get a command prompt..
then type

fdisk /mbr

and reboot.. thats it..

if this doesn't work try repairing bootloader with win 7 cd

Last edited:

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
@bluetooth
Try for Driver Genius or Driver Checker Software, It scans' through your PC and downloads the driver automatically for you!
As for the second query, Jst do a startup repair with Windows 7 disc.. :)

2. Also I installed latest version of Ubuntu few days back as third operating system then after some days I uninstalled it but entry in bootloader has not gone. I am usind EasyBCD but it does not shows the entry. Please give me a solution in this regard.

Hope You guys will help me. Thanxx in Advance..:)
You have to edit your boot.ini file.
Just goto My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup & Recovery >Click Settings. Click Edit in the windows which appears. A notepad with boot entries will occur. Delete the line which says
"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(0).....\Ubuntu "
and save the file. Reboot and ubuntu boot entry is gone.

pushkar

Journeyman
@celldweller1591, he is probably using GRUB as bootloader since Ubuntu was the last OS he installed. In case it's Windows 7 bootloader, it doesn't use boot.ini and he has already exhausted the option of EasyBCD.

@ pushkar : as he has said that he uninstalled it later, so i am considering that xp is working fine as he might have done that using Wubi. But uninstall from wubi leaves behind the boot entry of ubuntu.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
first use a meaningful thread title and for the first problem you can check lenovo site
click here

OP
B

bluetooth

Broken In
Thanx for you help guys..Sucessfully removed the boot entry..but the prob related to driver is not solving..any more suggestions..

khmadhu

change is constant!!
check in soundmax site for win 7 drivers...

meanwhile u can try this software (found from google)

i think its in different language..
Code:
*forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24917-soundmax-integrated-digital-hd-audio-v61026585-windows-7-x64x86-and-vista-x64x86/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom