Need help with resource hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

haddad287

Broken In
Hi, I am managed to change all the words and the icon of a program. But I cant seem to change the "About" Picture. I dont know what program it is, but I was just playing around with it.

I attached the program below. If some one can please tell me how to change the picture when you click on "About" Its shows the pictures of 2 hands. I want to change it to my own picture. Can someone please tell me?

Last edited:
OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
Sorry about it, here, I fixed it. I uploaded it to rapidshare, click on the link and download it. I tested the link, and it works

*rapidshare.com/files/173344364/Jvvh_Team-PUFF_Loader.EXE.html

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
The pic is not embedded as a resource, but rather, its hex code is embedded within the code. See RCData->TFormAbout where it says Picture.Data={...} thats the picture in hex code. Replace it with another pic's code, although I'm unsure if it will work due to size limitations. Use Hex Workshop to view hex code of any file.

OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
How am I able to know how nig the file size of the picture data is? I copied the entire picture hex code and tried to paste it into hex workshop and it dident work.

So how am I soppose to know how big the picture file is?

Last edited:
OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
I tried and tried over and over again. And I still cant get the EXACT file size as the picture in the program.

If you guys can help me. The hex file I acctached below is the EXACT file size needed for the picture

the actual picture is:
26.8kb (for sure)
311x219 (estimated)
*rapidshare.com/files/173462774/Untitled1.hex.html

I also attached my picture, its not resized yet/

Please guys, if you can do it, please put my picture in the program

this is the one I want
*www.creativeuncut.com/wallpaper/final-fantasy-10-01a.jpg

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh sorry. Use 010 editor. it can paste from clipboard. Ctrl+shift+v

If you are planning to edit the existing picture, start copying from FFD8FFE0 thats the jpeg header.

Just open any pic in that editor, and copy the whole data, paste it in place of the code in reshack. Remember to prefix it with 0A544A504547496D616765xxxx0000 which specifies that its a TJPEGImage type. Replace xxxx by the new file's size in hex, make sure you reverse the byte order.

Why do you want to do this anyway? to claim the program as your own? :suspicious:

BTW, PE Explorer can do all the above stuff automatically for you. Use it.

Last edited:
OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
No, I dont want to claim it as my own. I am just practising with this. After I know how to do it I am going to save some of my notes on how to do it, thats it =) I want to learn

I did what you said, and its not working, this is what I did.

first of all, can you tell me if I need my picture to me the exact same file size? or any size?

Ok, you said to replace the x's with the files size in hex workshop,
0A544A504547496D616765xxxx0000

what do you mean by that? there is only 4 digits there, and what do I write in there?

--------------edit---------------
OK, NVM, all that, I download and installed PE Explorer, how do I use it? where do I go to change the image? and one more thing I ask again, does my picture have to be the exact same size as the actual one?

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Its called PE Explorer. Have you tried to... you know, explore it a bit?

fine, view->resources.
rc data->right click tformabout->edit resource
click the + near image1:timagedata
click picture.data
click the open icon near the apply button and choose your image.

and your pic can be of any size. the old size doesnt matter.

OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
Srry I forgot to post back here, but I already solved my problem using the help in pe, thanks for everything!

Thank you dheeraj_kumar! UR THE MAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom