Need help with Nvidia Graphic Card Replacement

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hi guys,
I had bought a MSI 8800 GT 512MB with dual slot cooler in April 2008 for rouglyly 10-11k. This card died on me in Dec 2008 and I had it replaced with an EVGA 9800 GT with 512 MB with single slot cooler though I had to pay 1000 bucks more.

Now again the replacement card has died, and it had to be given for replacement. Since I am away from home my dad is having to do all the talking with the dealer. The dealer initially argued that since the sticker on the card was peeling off (heat of the card probably caused the glue to dry off) he wouldn't replace it. After some pressure he took the card for testing.

Now, what i want to know is what sort of card I can expect as a replacement. I am not that up to date these days with the latest tech, so would really appreciate if someone could tell which card would be fair deal... since obviously 9800 itself wont be available anymore...

thanks for reading

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Go for a gts 450. Msi gts 450 is better for you. But if he agrees to give a gpu @ 10k, then grab the gtx 460 eyes closed.

Last edited:
OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^ Go for a gts 450. Msi gts 450 is better for you. But if he agrees to give a gpu @ 10k, then grab the gtx 460 eyes closed.
ok thanks a lot, the former one seems more realistic... but even then its difficult since my dad is more than happy to get a working card than get a killer deal!!:shock:

Top Bottom