Need help with IIS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
My friend's web server is running IIS 6 on Windows 2003. The thing is that IIS 6 restricts the file types that can be downloaded from the server. Like .zip can be downloaded, but .cue can't, .bin can be downloaded but .nfo can't etc.

I was able to set the file that can be downloaded by right-clicking the 'Web Sites' (or any individual folders), selecting 'Properties>HTTP Headers' then clicking the 'File Types...' button in 'MIME Map'. From there I can add which file extention I want to allow, and its MIME type (thanks to Batty for helping me out with the MIME type).

The problem with this method is that I can only add one file type at one go. There are no wild cards supported, so I can't add .r* or .r?? to allow all RAR archives to be downloaded. And that's my problem. I want to allow the downloading of multi-part RAR archive. Either I manually add everthing from .r00 to .r99 or I must find another way. Also, there are the new multi-part RAR format, with part.rar.

Is there someway I can add a whole bunch of file types to be downloaded? I think it has something to do with ISAPI filters, but I don't know for sure, or how to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom