1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with IIS 6

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by AlphaOmega, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega New Member

My friend's web server is running IIS 6 on Windows 2003. The thing is that IIS 6 restricts the file types that can be downloaded from the server. Like .zip can be downloaded, but .cue can't, .bin can be downloaded but .nfo can't etc.

I was able to set the file that can be downloaded by right-clicking the 'Web Sites' (or any individual folders), selecting 'Properties>HTTP Headers' then clicking the 'File Types...' button in 'MIME Map'. From there I can add which file extention I want to allow, and its MIME type (thanks to Batty for helping me out with the MIME type).

The problem with this method is that I can only add one file type at one go. There are no wild cards supported, so I can't add .r* or .r?? to allow all RAR archives to be downloaded. And that's my problem. I want to allow the downloading of multi-part RAR archive. Either I manually add everthing from .r00 to .r99 or I must find another way. Also, there are the new multi-part RAR format, with part.rar.

Is there someway I can add a whole bunch of file types to be downloaded? I think it has something to do with ISAPI filters, but I don't know for sure, or how to go about it.

2. OP
    OP
    AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega New Member

Ok people, never mind. I figured out how to do it. Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.