Need help with cooling!!!!

paul.rohit

Broken In
i have 2 zotac gtx 560 ti in sli in a cm 690II cabinet and the processor is intel i5 2500...

now heres the problem...my windows gadget says that my cpu core temperatures are around 85 c average and my gpu temperature goes till 87 c when under load( i was playing battlefield bc2)...ant the idle temps are 44c for both the cpu and the gpu

my questions are:
1) is the gadget info reliable?
2) are these temperatures normal
3) please suggest some cooling solutions( the cabinet has two intake and and two outflow fans)

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Check the temp. with Hardware monitor and use Intel Burn stability Test. Running both side by side gives u accurate temp. (Min & Max).

Then post it here. If they are really high, then it will blow yr PC. May be u will need better cooler.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
@scudmissle - i5-2500(sandybridge) || asus p8p67pro|| 2 X gtx 560 ti || 1TB HDD ||g.skill 4gb ram|| lg dvdr|| seasonic 750w|| CM 690II \\

@rohit what is the optimum temp under load and when idle?

cpu basic cooler that came with the processor :p

varunb

Working in an IT company
Use CoreTemp to measure the temps & keep it running in the task tray while playing BFBC2. Don't rely on this windows gadget. Let us know if the temps still reach the 85C mark.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Perhaps a lot of dust has accumulated in your cpu stock cooler. If thats the case, then remove the cpu fan, clean it thoroughly. You can google various cpu fan-cleaning methods.

If the previously applied paste has almost vanished from the cpu then also try apply some fresh thermal paste on the CPU, then reattach the fan on the cpu. Also clean the gpu fan.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Look as for GPU, if there is no dust then what you can do is manually increase the fan speed of your gtx 560 from the nvidia control panel to around 70%. Thats what I do while playing & the temps stay in control that way. I will have to google why your cpu temp is increasing. Perhaps you need a better CPU cooler. Not sure though.

Piyush

Lanaya
its a new pc...no dust...should i add a side fan??

ok....lets see...
answer these first..

1-->you used real temp and still it is showing those results?

chances are that there is only default thermal compound on your CPU chip
clean the cpu surface and apply new one(thermal paste i mean)

2-->also where do you live?

3--> how many fans are there excluding cpu heatsink fan(HSF)?

and kindly check the airflow of each....(use agarbattis/incense sticks to check the direction of airflow)
and
4-->post the outcome for each fan here(excluding CPU HSF)

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
1) i used real temp and the max reached 100 on the gpu and 80 on the cpu while i was playing crysis2

2) kolkata

3) there are two exhaust fans( back and top) and one intake front fan

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you please post 6 screen shots.

First three: (system has idled for 15 minutes)
CoreTEMP
GPU-Z on first GPU
GPU-Z on second GPU

Second three: (system has been stressed for 30 minutes)
CoreTEMP
GPU-Z on first GPU
GPU-Z on second GPU

What are the ~ambient temperatures of your room. And what driver version are you on for Forceware.

Let us know, then we move forward.

Also, do not host on imageshack, I cannot view 'em.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
ok here are the screenshots
ive attached 3 pics....
one of them is the idle one(named idle)
one of them is the max temp under load(bulletstorm maxed out)
one of them is the avg temp under load(bulletstorm maxed out)

the current temps under load were near abt the same as the avg temps.
i noticed there is a change in the avg temps.....real temp used to show avg of 80 c on the gpu..mayb this is bcause i spent all afternoon on proper wire management .dont kno my ambient tems pretty hot and humid.live in kolkata..the drivers are the latest (266.44)

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ as asked earlier by asingh.. Let us know, which driver version are you using currently.

Top Bottom