Need help with a partially dead fan on Toshiba L650

Assassin

I killed my phone, Again!
I have a Toshiba L650 that is about 15-16 month old (The point being the expired warranty).
It is running Ubuntu 12.04 x64. Basically I use to develop PHP and android application on it.
It was all fine about 3-4 weeks ago when all of the sudden the cooling fan went off. I thought it might be just the dust so I dissembled it and cleaned everything as much neatly as I could, However there was a no dust that could cause problem, just a small amount of dust and that is obvious as it have went and holes in it, but cleaning couldn't solve the problem. I tried cleaning it a couple more times but no luck. After that I analyzed the Fan after opening it and the fan was behaving weird. By weird I mean that It was turning on for a second and then off again for a couple seconds, again On for a second and then Off for 3-4 seconds.
This not much of problem since I have a cooling pad that helps keeping the temperature under control but the main problem is, I cant download a big file, cant watch videos over youtube, cannot run any media player and many other resource intensive tasks that includes many necessary ones in it or the temperature dramatically rise beyond 100 and laptop shut down immediately.

I think the fan is of no use now So I am planning on buying a new fan and replacing the old one. I dont want to send the laptop to service center even for 1 day because this is the only machine I have.
Honestly, I've been beating around the bush for about a week now but I cant even find the part number of the Fan (I am not sure if it has one, but it should be), I need some help with selecting the correct Fan that can replace this dead guy. Also can anybody suggest a website where I can purchase the Fan ?
Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom