Need help with a 60K gaming rig

blueelvis

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for helping me out in advance :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: The purpose of the computer would be to play games like Crysis 3, Thief, Battlefield and like that.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My current budget is 60K and I have a reserve of 5K.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes. In order to get better performance in the future, I am willing to overclock it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: I am planning to use Windows 10 on this machine. But, I already have a legit license to it so this is not included in the cost.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have a 1TB Hard Disk with me.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I don't want to buy a monitor. I already have a monitor from my previous HP Desktop. I am not sure of the size of the monitor right now (Most likely 15-16 inch) but it has a resolution of 1440x900.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: The components I am not willing to buy are - Monitor, HDD, Keyboard and Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Till 11th Jan 2015.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. I haven't built a PC myself but this would be my first time.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I can buy locally from Nehru Place :-D . If there is a really sweet deal online, I am open to buy online as well.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Is it possible to get a motherboard which supports SLI configuration in this budget? Of course, I am not planning for the SLI right now but it is a possibility in the future. Any chance I could get a NVIDIA GTX 970? Also, I would like not to perform any upgrades to this system for at least 3-4 years. Would it be able to play the future games?

Thanks a lot folks!

Regards,
-Pranav

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 62k

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4460
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR525,500
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520w