Need Help To Clone Entire OS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I want to make an image(clone) of my C:drive(Windows XP Installed) so thtat I can restore my entire OS later or copy to other PC easily.
Which one is better Partimage or Clonezilla or Norton Ghost ?
Please guide me!
I have no idea how to use these programs.....:(
Thank you !

mrintech

Technomancer
Norton Ghost: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+use+norton+ghost&btnG=Google+Search&aq=0&oq=how+to+use+norton

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Acronis TrueImage > Norton Ghost. Seriously, TrueImage pretty much only makes imaging software where as Ghost is made by a company that pretty much only makes software that doesn't do anything but take up resources and look pretty. Food for thought...

Ghost v14 has had quite a few fu*kups wherein the integrity of the image is compromised.

If you are a looking for a free alternative, check out CloneZilla. It lacks the automation features of its non-free rivals though.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Umm..Why is this posted in Open Source section? :?

If this is delibrate Clonezilla is the only choice of the 3 you mention. :mrgreen:

Flake

Linux User
I would suggest you to go for PartImage. Its one of the best and easiest open source tool available. Its available PartedMagic LiveCD.

iinfi

mekalodu
i was looking for something which would help me setup linux on 200 odd machines without too much fuss.
i install and configure on one machine. and a clone of it is installed on the 199 other machines with network boot.
is that possible with PartImage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom