Need help to built a gaming machine in 30k!

hattichya

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
A: It should play upcoming GTA 5, CoD ghosts, BF 4, NFS series at higher settings.
Application would be limited to MS excel, MS office.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (32 bit)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Presently having 80 GB IDE and 250 GB SATA HDD. No HDD suggestions required.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 15 inch CRT monitor. Not wishing to update till it gets down. Its been running since 2003! ;)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: 1. Cabinet, 2. Mouse, 3. Keyboard, 4. Corsair VS550 PSU, 5. Sony DVD RW, 6. HDD's, 7. Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assemble it by myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, Prefer buying locally only. i.e Lamington rd.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have presently Gigabyte mobo (GA MA 78gm s2h), AMD 4200+ procey, 3 gb ddr2 RAM(1gb transcend + 2gb kingston) and rest as said above.
I would be grateful if you provide suggestions in which mobo, procey & RAM are kept as it is. RAM can be increased, still have two slots empty. This is only applicable if machine would be future proof or else
Plz suggest replacement of mobo, procey and ram as well.

Thanks in advance! :)
Hattichya

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
which cabinet do you have?
here goes my suggestion
fx 6300 - 7.2k
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 - 5.5k
gskil RipjawsX 4 gb at 1600Mhz- 2.5k
asus hd 7790- 10k
dell in2030 - 6k
i suggest to upgrade your monitor. your current monitor is ancient. if you can upgrade your monitor after a month or two ,then get hd 7870 at 16k.
also install 64 bit os not 32 bit.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For motherboard, OP can also look for ECS A-970M-A-DELUXE motherboard, currently available at 5.58K in theitwares.com. It has positive reviews and build quality (VRM, solid capacitor etc) wise, it is also superior to the above mentioned Gigabyte Motherboard.

OP
H

hattichya

Right off the assembly line
which cabinet do you have?
here goes my suggestion
fx 6300 - 7.2k
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 - 5.5k
gskil RipjawsX 4 gb at 1600Mhz- 2.5k
asus hd 7790- 10k
dell in2030 - 6k
i suggest to upgrade your monitor. your current monitor is ancient. if you can upgrade your monitor after a month or two ,then get hd 7870 at 16k.
also install 64 bit os not 32 bit.

I don't know man :p Its local thats why bought a decent psu i.e corsair vs550. If you are asking for cooling i may get some fan attached by myself.
For gpu do you have any other brand than asus. The dealer here sucks. I have a bad experience here. So i avoid asus.

In addition would i be able to play above game in ultra high settings?!
Thanks for helping!

Last edited:
Top Bottom