Need help selecting parts for my new Gaming/High-Performance Rig.

jun_

Right off the assembly line
[1 Lakh+ budget] [Gaming PC ] Need help selecting parts for my new Gaming/High-Performance Rig.

1.What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly gaming, game-development, mild video rendering. Expecting to run current and next Generation Games at high resolution.

2.What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1 Lakh INR for the core system ~ 40,000 for extras (Monitor, speakers, Keyboard, mouse etc.)

3.Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes.

4.Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8 / ElementaryOS(Linux).

5.How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB HDD + 265GB SSD.

Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: (I don't know much about Monitors) Yes, 21.5 in. , 1080p. Might upgrade to a higher resolution in the future.

7.Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None.

8.When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In two months, I need to research more.

9.Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have and will do it myself.

10.Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?Ans: Gujarat, will buy parts on Ebay.in

11.Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'd prefer Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU, but it's not iron, can do with AMD GPU.
Also, I seek help of you guys because I haven't been researching and keeping up to date with the latest releases/ technologies in the computer parts scene due to studies and such.
Anyways, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Will you be buying as soon as the config is finalized or later? Two months is too much of a time to make things outdated easily. And what games?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
The next best thing can happen in forthcoming two months is introduction of few new GPUs, which i very well doubt be in the mid-range tier. In terms of CPU motherboard and other components, its pretty much updated and wont differ much with whichever might come up in that time. I mean looking at devil's canyon and all. So you can ask around here for those parts and r/d yourself and pre-decide, and keep the GPU part aside. Wait for those big boys to land, check prices and hook one up. Also there is always chance of price drop.

OP
J

jun_

Right off the assembly line
Yes, as soon as the config is finalized. I'd love it the system has options for SLI/etc to upgrade in the future.
Two months is the maximum time I can wait to finalize.
Games I'm anticipating are Far Cry 4, Fifa 15, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham knight, etc.
I'm also always playing all Valve games, and Heavily modded Minecraft, which shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, but new technologies release and get outdated in a flash, Only if it is better with a very wide margin, I might wait for the DC or Maxwell, for the price drop part, I'm gonna be mostly shopping online (Ebay, Flipkart, Amazon) which aren't very updated with these things, Sadly.
Enthusiasts are really throttled by this in India.

Yes, as soon as the config is finalized. I'd love it the system has options for SLI/etc to upgrade in the future.
Two months is the maximum time I can wait to finalize.
Games I'm anticipating are Far Cry 4, Fifa 15, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham knight, etc.
I'm also always playing all Valve games, and Heavily modded Minecraft, which shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, but new technologies release and get outdated in a flash, Only if it is better with a very wide margin, I might wait for the DC or Maxwell, for the price drop part, I'm gonna be mostly shopping online (Ebay, Flipkart, Amazon) which aren't very updated with these things, Sadly.
Enthusiasts are really throttled by this in India.

DC may take too long at arrive in India at reasonable prices.

Here you go-

i7 4770k (21000)
MSI Z87-GD65 (14900)
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 (5800)
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (6200)
WD AV-GP 2 TB (6800)
Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD (10000)
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4 GB (32800)
Seasonic S12G-650 (7500)
Corsair 500R (7500)
Dell S2440L (13800)
Asus optical drive (1000)

total: 127300

Items left- speakers, KB and mouse.

You can also go with GTX 760 SLI which will outperform single R9 290.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^change monitor to dell u2412m -18.5k. it is much much better. and +1 to the rig except the hdd.

got form tomshardware
This drive lacks data error correction. Worthless as a computer data storage device.

Pros: Be advised, the AV models are geared for streaming/recording video, so skip error correction to improve recording/playback times (idea being loss of a few missing or off color pixels not worth the time of error recovery for VIDEO that might cause missing frames, which would be much more noticeable).

Great for video.

Cons: Ignoring errors not so great for data. You want every bit to be correct, and error recovery to correct erroneous bits before writing to the drive.

Other Thoughts: Before I really understood the difference, I have several of the older EVDS models in a whs v1 server. Great for MOST of the data there - video, but not so great for backups. In WHS, don't have control of what goes where.

Would suggest these be limited to their stated purpose: video recording/playback. Would stick with standard green drives for DATA storage.

See here for details:
google
western digital av-gp 2tb hard disk drive review
and page 4 of the review at the techarp site.

ravi847

Journeyman
Guys is there going to be price cuts in the next two months? I mean does someone know for sure? I am mostly interested in graphics cards prices.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] can you say anything more about the launching of the new GPU's??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Core System:
Intel Core i5 4670k -(15500)
Asus Z87 GRYPHON (14900)
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB(4GBx2) (6200)
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (3800)
Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD (9500)
Seasonic Ss-650AM (8500)
Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 (4600)
Cooler Master Hyper 212x (3000)
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW (1100)
TOTAL -99,500.

Extras:
Dell U2412M (18500)
Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle (3000)
Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers (9300)
TOTAL -30,800.

rock2702

Padawan
Core System:
Intel Core i5 4670k -(15500)
Asus Z87 GRYPHON (14900)
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB(4GBx2) (6200)
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (3800)
Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD (9500)
Seasonic Ss-650AM (8500)
Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 (4600)
Cooler Master Hyper 212x (3000)
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW (1100)
TOTAL -99,500.

Extras:
Dell U2412M (18500)
Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle (3000)
Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers (9300)
TOTAL -30,800.

Where is the samsung 840 evo 250gb available for 9.5k?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Where is the samsung 840 evo 250gb available for 9.5k?

Link:Buy Samsung 250GB 840 EVO Series SSD Online in India

2% OFF on NEFT Payment Option

Add some fans like 2 x120mm Blue LED fans,(Front Intake)
2 x140mm Blue LED fans,(Top Exhaust)
1 x120mm Blue LED fan,(Rear Exhaust)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Guys is there going to be price cuts in the next two months? I mean does someone know for sure? I am mostly interested in graphics cards prices.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] can you say anything more about the launching of the new GPU's??

Ah! One from AMD this month and some from both camp next quarter (tentative) , well... i think its useless to wait, it will go on and on forever. 100K budget rig will be strong enough to handle anything that comes in next 2 years at maxed out settings anyway, I would not bother much about maxwell or pollard or whatever. Buy and settle.

P.S- It will also take some time for right prices to come down to India. As of now, prices cards released more than 6+ months back are appearing proper.

Top Bottom