Need help selecting 22 inch LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Baron

Broken In
Hi folks,

I want to buy a 22 inch HD LCD monitor. My budget is around 10-12k, and major purpose would be gaming and movies. A monitor with HDMI ports would be nice since my GPU 9800 GT has two ports and I could attach my xbox 360 with it. Please suggest the brand and the model which would suffice the above criterion.

tnx

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Samsung 2233SW FullHD (1920x1080) with HDMI port for Rs.9.5K but u will hv to buy the HDMI cable separately costing Rs.300/- or so....

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Samsung 2233SW FullHD (1920x1080) with HDMI port for Rs.9.5K but u will hv to buy the HDMI cable separately costing Rs.300/- or so....

The Samsung 2233SW doesn't have HDMI input. Its only DVI & VGA. You'll have to make do with DVI to HDMI.

I recommend Dell S2209W.

f123

Broken In
Of all the 22' monitors Samsung 2233SW looks the best and is a good performer too.
I think it comes around 8K now.. (not quiet sure about that).

OP
Red_Baron

Red_Baron

Broken In
Hmm... but most reviews of 2233SW say that it has Back light bleeding problems. So guys who already have this monitor, does that make much difference? How is the monitor's performance while gaming/watching blue ray movies?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I have that Samsung 2233SW, and no, I never noticed that bleeding issue with my LCD. But it doesn't have HDMI, JFYI.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hmm... but most reviews of 2233SW say that it has Back light bleeding problems. So guys who already have this monitor, does that make much difference? How is the monitor's performance while gaming/watching blue ray movies?

It does but its not major. Most of the budget monitors do have this issue but regular users will hardly notice it.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
naa, its next to negligible.. believe me, i game on it at the highest max settings, watch hi def movies and its all smooth and really pure... :)

so dnt get fooled by reviews...its a really good piece of LCD>. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom