Need help on partitioning the IDE drive

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi Guys,

I currently have a SATA and IDE HDD. I was earlier using IDE HDD to boot with operating system XP. However later I installed a SATA 250 GB HDD with again Windows XP and Windows 7. Finally with my cousin's help I got all my data backed up from IDE HDD and using Disk Management application I right clicked on each of the drives of my IDE HDD and selected Delete Volume. Now I don't see any of the drives listed in my computer. Is there any way in which I can view the partitions of my IDE HDD and have them partitioned.

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
delete volume means delete partitions.of course now they won't show in my computer since there is nothing to show.use disk management again to format/repartition drive.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm unable to see that in my computer but able to see it in Disk Management at the bottom. What are the options that I need to select from here?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
right click on unallocated space & select simple volume.after this it should be visible in my computer too & you can format it just by right clicking.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Can someone please help me from the below pics as what I need to do. The one which says 66.3 GB Disk 0

*img850.imageshack.us/img850/3514/diskmgmt.png

*img515.imageshack.us/img515/1592/dkiskmgmt2.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
come on ajayritik!did you even try right clicking on free space or unallocated space like i said in my previous post?just select simple volume option & you are done.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
come on ajayritik!did you even try right clicking on free space or unallocated space like i said in my previous post?just select simple volume option & you are done.
Bro, I right clicked on one of the free space and then I could see what I posted in the image 2 above. What option do I need to select from these?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all stop uploading pics on image hosting sites with image resize option enabled.can't see a thing.

now first of all create a simple volume in the first unallocated space block of disk 0.when asked for size give entire hard disk 0 space or whatever maximum value you can select in the box.

Top Bottom